• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My number with women is in the triple digits fyi.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I go for 0.2 on the women side...
His mum must have breastfed him until his teens..
On the men side...

A number whose square is less than or equal to zero is an imaginary number.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, 1.49 has 3 digits.

On a side note, I will give major props to the Sun King for at least having the balls to say something. I personally have severe approach anxiety despite having a lot of positive things going for me.

I hate getting this and can't seem to get over it despite having experience that proves the fear was invalid.

Last edited:

wootx

Reaction score
Broke up with my gf of 6 months a month ago. It felt bad at first, but I sucked it up thinking I did the right thing.

I recently (i.e. a couple of days) sometimes catch myself thinking back at the times, feeling awful, and wondering if the breakup was worth in. This is when my rational ego gets in and reminds me of how she behaved with me. Still, I can't make this annoying and excruciating sorrow to go away. I'm afraid I still feel something for her (she certainly does) -- or is it the good memories? ****.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Broke up with my gf of 6 months a month ago. It felt bad at first, but I sucked it up thinking I did the right thing.
I recently (i.e. a couple of days) sometimes catch myself thinking back at the times, feeling awful, and wondering if the breakup was worth in. This is when my rational ego gets in and reminds me of how she behaved with me. Still, I can't make this annoying and excruciating sorrow to go away. I'm afraid I still feel something for her (she certainly does) -- or is it the good memories? ****.

It's ok to still feel something for her.

I still feel something for girls I've broken up with 5+ years ago.

Just try to ignore it.

LaoHu

Reaction score

"how she behaved with me" is the key to guiding you. You can't abide bad behavior or, worse, reward it. In my experience the only thing that works is to break it off, then go about your life, NOT making any conciliatory overtures. If she seeks your forgiveness, you may have the possibility of starting over, perhaps on better terms, but it is unfortunately true that the surest predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Six months seems to be about the longest most of the seriously flawed can manage to act decently. The arrival of that milestone often triggers a panicked reaction and the need to misbehave in order to bail.

Last edited:

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's ok to still feel something for her.
I still feel something for girls I've broken up with 5+ years ago.
Just try to ignore it.

"
But that can take so long, it can take years. Some things you never really get over.

Yeah, of course. I think that’s what the song is about: it seems like everybody’s looking for this idea of closure these days. I don’t really believe in closure. Once you’ve had your heart broken, you just have to keep on carrying it. It doesn’t mean you’re going to be bitter and sad all your life, but you won’t really get over it and forget about it. You just move on."

jens lekman - the end of the world is bigger than love.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads