• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

Fad P

Reaction score
I am admittedly too particular about everything I buy including jeans, and I'm having a very hard time finding anything I like.

As an example, I did not know about Good Morning Keith and they look cool, but tonal stitching on blue jeans bothers me a lot.

If anyone has suggestions on straight or slightly wide, raw (or washed but raw looking) jeans with an actual high rise and simple styling I'm all ears though.

The only other potential candidate I've found are A.P.C. standards, but those seem to always be sold out in my size for whatever reason

I would recommend the Norwegian brand Livid. Especially the Barnes model - straight, wide, proper high rise. Good denim.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am admittedly too particular about everything I buy including jeans, and I'm having a very hard time finding anything I like.

As an example, I did not know about Good Morning Keith and they look cool, but tonal stitching on blue jeans bothers me a lot.

If anyone has suggestions on straight or slightly wide, raw (or washed but raw looking) jeans with an actual high rise and simple styling I'm all ears though.

The only other potential candidate I've found are A.P.C. standards, but those seem to always be sold out in my size for whatever reason

So you don’t want slim jeans how wide is wide like just simple straight or actually old school wide or flared?

luruzkj

Reaction score
TCB 50's and Livid both look like great suggestions! I'll be contemplating :)
So you don’t want slim jeans how wide is wide like just simple straight or actually old school wide or flared?
Simple straight but maybe slightly on the wider side. 22-23ish cm leg opening is probably a sweet spot for me. Not flared.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
selling my khaki boy scout shirt, size 38/15

no flaws

looking for $275 USD invoiced and shipped anywhere

Attachments

• 20241007_120741.jpg
    20241007_120741.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20241007_120850.jpg
    20241007_120850.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 38

Cobra

Reaction score
I noticed that too with Uncle Jude's, very strange. They were the last store that was carrying Husbands for under retail.
I spoke with Uncle Jude's on Instagram, and Husbands is now carried at OAK ROOM

Unfortunately as far as I can tell they don't do international orders.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oak Room definitely used to do international order, I don’t know about now, but used to be you can talk to them on their FB page and they can fulfill order (other than Alden)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a vintage cloth and had this jacket made in the Husbands Paris style. Would love feedback on if it hit the mark. X-post to the Tailor Fit and Feedback thread.

View attachment 2259885 View attachment 2259887

looks very good in its own right but doesn't have the dramatic lapels of a Husbands jacket, if that's what you're going for. It's very hard to compare gorge heights from your photos, so not sure whether I'm right about this, but suspect that the gorge is a little higher on your jacket. I like the buttoning point on your jacket and the shoulders look great.

However, the virtue of MTM (I assume you're using Luxire) is that you don't have to (and IMO shouldn't) copy someone else's style.

Fit-wide wondering whether it is a little tight in the waist or if it's simply your posture in the first picture.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tetsuodraper