• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

Satmoche

Reaction score
Got to think their have to be more can’t imagine Barbara Napoli chum out a lot volume
The sales rep, who I stay in touch with for my sport coat, mentioned that Husband's / Eduardo de Simone produce work for several luxury brands. Considering the factory has to already deal with de Simone's own products, Barba, Husband's and I would assume at least 3 or 4 others, I can see how they are falling behind with orders.
This sales rep did say that the other luxury brands, that they are working with, have also shared their frustration with delays. Husband's is apparently about to work with other craftspeople who make their RTW.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ha, good luck to them then, and hopefully they can make sizing consistent when they switch maker

Cobra

Reaction score
The sales rep, who I stay in touch with for my sport coat, mentioned that Husband's / Eduardo de Simone produce work for several luxury brands. Considering the factory has to already deal with de Simone's own products, Barba, Husband's and I would assume at least 3 or 4 others, I can see how they are falling behind with orders.
This sales rep did say that the other luxury brands, that they are working with, have also shared their frustration with delays. Husband's is apparently about to work with other craftspeople who make their RTW.

But the RTW is also always out of stock lmao. Have they even restocked the "Classics" yet? There have to be producers than can meet their demands. Who is making Prada? Or Purple Label? If the brand is really getting this big, they might just have to open up their own producer.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah they’re not getting big, and none of the guy you just named have something in house. If they just follow everyone they would go Caruso, Belevest, Corneliani etc, though I assume Eduardo de Simone was competitive on pricing term and happy to do small volume

pwc008

Reaction score
This is all getting a bit much. I am still waiting for the last fix (sleeves eased out from elbow to wrist) on my Husbands suit jacket to see how it turns out. Gosh, I ordered this suit in July 2022 and the jacket is still not really wearable, and I am not a big person. My arms are decidedly average in width for my age and height. Pants are amazing, however. I think maybe they need to up the dimensions on the jacket to more closely correspond with the pants. Still, one is not going to find that vibe anywhere else.

And, yes, their RTW is always, always, always sold out.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
I think for this season they weren't able to make full size runs due to supply chain constraints. I picked up the horizon blue coat in a 46 since 48 wasn't produced and the sleeve length & back length were both purposefully made longer to accommodate for the missing sizes. The original back length for the size 46 was 50", but they offered complimentary alterations so I had a few inches chopped off. Will definitely go back and get the navy/gold button version when I see they are running out of 48s.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all getting a bit much. I am still waiting for the last fix (sleeves eased out from elbow to wrist) on my Husbands suit jacket to see how it turns out. Gosh, I ordered this suit in July 2022 and the jacket is still not really wearable, and I am not a big person. My arms are decidedly average in width for my age and height. Pants are amazing, however. I think maybe they need to up the dimensions on the jacket to more closely correspond with the pants. Still, one is not going to find that vibe anywhere else.

I don’t think this criticism is fair. Husbands, like all makers, has a specific cut. If it doesn’t really fit your body, it’s not their responsibility to make their cut fit you. It’s RTW/MTO, not custom.

pwc008

Reaction score
Well, my comments really weren't meant as a criticism. I was merely observing that the trousers are very full cut and the jacket is not. It's an odd combination and it lacks symmetry. It's also possible that my trousers are a 60 and the jacket a 58 - I don't remember at this point. I do recall having a conversation with Gauthier about the jacket and it was me who decided to go with a 58 jacket rather than a 60 (assuming there is a 60 - I don't remember that either), thinking that my tailor could make the necessary adjustments to the jacket, which he did do on all the areas I requested. The jacket IS now nearly perfect, except for the overly tight sleeves. I might have time to retrieve the jacket either today or tomorrow from my tailor and if so I will report back.

Thank you to all.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn’t even realize they got pattern go up that high I guess you would almost always be MTO nearly everywhere

pwc008

Reaction score
If you take a tape measure and wrap it around my chest, I measure a 44.

It's the sizing of the garment that is the issue, not me. I generally have to buy 46 in everything I buy and my tailor STILL has to let the blades out and deepen the armhole.

pwc008

Reaction score
Polo RL; RRL; & Purple Label all fit me quite well in a 46R. I have recent examples of all.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes the boyscout shirts are much bigger in general. The cotton sateen shirts are smaller in the body, but I wouldn't say they're smaller in the neck. Im a 15.5'' which is exactly a 39 so that's what I try to go for, though I have a few 40s and I might even have a 38 or two as well and I can't say the difference is that noticeable.

For anyone interested, someone on Mercari Japan is selling a charcoal flannel suit with chalk stripes for $885. Size is a 46 which is much too small for me.

and got relisted higher

louisc31

Reaction score
Curious if anyone can speak to Husband's suit fit for my frame type (especially the jacket) - I am 5'8", about 165lbs with broader/larger shoulders (my legs are relatively slim, so the trousers shouldn't be an issue, unless the rise is exceptionally high). Usually, I find that less structured shoulders on jackets fit me "better" given my shoulder size in relation to the rest of my body. Also, I'm not sure just how long Husband's jackets are but I imagine a "longer" style suit jacket (if i'm understanding Husband's style correctly) might not be most flattering for me.

Has anyone here with a similar body type ever tried Husband's suits? I love the photos I see, and am interested in their uniqueness / approachable ode to 70's style but I'm concerned about how their suits will wear on me. Am I overthinking?

(This would ideally be for my Greek island wedding by the way)

For more size context,
- Height - 172cm , 5'8"
- Weight - 74 kg, 165 lbs
- Chest: 101.6 cm, 39.5 inches
- Shoulders: 45.8 cm, 18 inches

Thank you!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads