• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

Cobra

Reaction score
I was like yes, 4x1 DB but then ah notch lapel DB...
The collection is inspired by American Gigolo and the journal is about Armani so I can see what they were going for, but something about having high notches on a double breasted feels wrong in some way. I think if you’re going to do something like that you need to go all in (kind of like what Fear of God did once they started doing tailoring).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Husband paris is still pretty CM at end of the day, not sure what I would expect a 4x1 looks like from them, I suppose maybe a bit Ciffonelli look (though his is more 6x1 as “his” DB?), but guess that doesn’t really jive with the rest, maybe Edward Sexton

Cobra

Reaction score
Just checking out the new website -- as expected for any new website, some good things and some not so good.

Good
- more payment options (PayPal, Apple Pay)
- there is a new section called "classics" -- according to the FAQs these items will be restocked every fall and spring.

Not so good
- garment measurements are much more limited. No trouser measurements other than hem opening in the descriptions. Jackets only back and sleeve length. I assume you can email them for garment measurements.
- on the English version of the site, prices are now shown in USD. But it seems like the USD prices are significantly more than you'd expect from currency conversion, and I am not sure how VAT is accounted for in the prices. For example this coat shows up as 1590€ on the French version (presumably with VAT), which is a lot less than the $1940 price on the English version (unclear to me whether this is with or without VAT). I have sent them an email asking about this.
Did they ever email you back about the price discrepancy? A $400 difference between the brown double-breasted blazer on SSENSE/Matches and their website definitely doesn't add up to me.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they ever email you back about the price discrepancy? A $400 difference between the brown double-breasted blazer on SSENSE/Matches and their website definitely doesn't add up to me.
No, I did not get a response. I did try checking out of the Husbands website with a US delivery address and no VAT was deducted. The prices seem to include duties and shipping, but even so I agree it’s hard to understand the price discrepancy with Matches/SSENSE for what seem to be the same items.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Can confirm that Matches' measurements are inaccurate. I picked up the wide leg twill trousers in size 40 FR and the flat waist measures 42 cm across.

Club Soda

Reaction score
I’d like to try a stock suit from them but it looks like they come with finished surgeon cuffs. I have long arms so I prefer unfinished.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea that annoys me too (I got the other side problem, arm too short…) MTO, at least when I ordered it was very reasonable

luruzkj

Reaction score
Hi!

I am about to start the process of ordering a MTO jacket, but could use some advice.

I do not have the option to go to Paris in the foreseeable furutre, so this would be over e-mail only. For this reason i have ordered one of their RTW jacket to confirm sizing, which i will now be returning. I am fortunate enough this jacket fits me pretty spot on in a size 48, so the idea would be to order the MTO jacket in a stock size 48. My questions are:

1. The RTW jacket is a "Ferry", but i would prefer a single vent. This would be a "Jarvis" according to Gauthier. Is the amount of vents the only difference between those styles? Here i'm particularly worried about differences in fit, button stance etc. now that the Ferry looks so good on me.

2. In this thread i have seen some talk about big vs. large tags. The RTW jacket i have tried on has a large tag, but consensus seems to be that MTO pieces are "small-tag". Should i be worried about fit differences for this reason?

3. Is it in general just a dumb idea to order a MTO jacket without going in person, even if I am ordering a stock size?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For 1 and 2 I would ask Husband Paris themselves

For 3, unless there are some major f up on their side MTO should fit identical to RTW in same size, I can’t think of a reason other than if they’re made on different line blah blah

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. The RTW jacket is a "Ferry", but i would prefer a single vent. This would be a "Jarvis" according to Gauthier. Is the amount of vents the only difference between those styles? Here i'm particularly worried about differences in fit, button stance etc. now that the Ferry looks so good on me.
Agree with @clee1982 that I'd ask Gauthier to be completely sure. I have a few different models of single-breasted jackets (two sportcoats and two suits) and they all seem to fit very similarly to one another with only styling differences (lapel width, vents, flapped hip vs patch pockets, number of cuff buttons), but I am not 100% certain.

2. In this thread i have seen some talk about big vs. large tags. The RTW jacket i have tried on has a large tag, but consensus seems to be that MTO pieces are "small-tag". Should i be worried about fit differences for this reason?

Have one MTO sportcoat and it seems to fit very similarly to my RTW jackets in the same size. I am actually fairly impressed by the consistency of sizing in their jackets across several models.

3. Is it in general just a dumb idea to order a MTO jacket without going in person, even if I am ordering a stock size?

Like @clee1982 said, I think you'd be okay since you're basically ordering a stock size and model.

luruzkj

Reaction score
Thank you all!

I have already asked these questions to Gauthier. He has been fantastic so far, but sometimes actual customer experiences just seem to provide a bit of extra insight such as @breakaway01 's comments on their sizing consistency. That's what i was hoping to hear.

Just wanted to do my due diligence before dropping 1200 euros on a jacket that can't be returned :)

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Got the new flared jeans in among other things. Sized up to a 34 as per SSENSE's measurements and I think they fit well enough for me to keep, although I will be shortening them slightly. Again Matches measurements are wrong, the size 34s have a ~82 cm flat waist. Also attached photos comparing the washes to some of their other jeans. I'm not a big denim guy but in my opinion they're really nicely made for ~$175 each after taxes. The only thing I dislike about Husbands denim in general is the size of the belt loops - they're made specifically for their 2 cm wide belts, so any belt bigger than 3 cm is a struggle to thread through the loops, if it fits at all, and any excess can't be tucked again through the loops to contain it. I did cut some of the stitching of my black pair of their jeans to fix this and it works well, but slightly wider belt loops is just something I wish they would add beforehand.

Attachments

• IMG_20230517_111351890.jpg
    IMG_20230517_111351890.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20230517_111933030.jpg
    IMG_20230517_111933030.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20230517_112659265.jpg
    IMG_20230517_112659265.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 9165cdbc3e8003f5c3eba60be67bac93.png
    9165cdbc3e8003f5c3eba60be67bac93.png