• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

SuedeHead

Reaction score
Just went to order a tie from the webshop and saw that there is now a flat shipping fee of 65 euros to the U.S. with no option to change it. I picked up several things from them in December and the same shipping method was 30 euros for each order. New policy or some kind of glitch? 65 euros for 1 tie seems excessive...
your best bet would be to email them to confirm shipping cost. They had a person out last week sick so they are catching up on emails etc if they dont get back asap...*I just came back from Paris.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Just started the MTO process with Gauthier for a 2 piece suit in the same Standeven Prince-of-Wales that @clee1982 posted a couple pages back. Going to have it made in the 70s style cut of this suit, peaked lapel Gillespie jacket and flared Poupaud trousers.

I found out that MTO is still made in Naples and that the items with the larger tag I always mention are made in Padua.

They also deduct VAT from the price, so a 2 piece suit costs 1,325 euros for non-EU customers. You pay half upfront as a deposit.

The whole process took about 2 hours emailing back and forth.

Will post once I receive.

Attachments

• 15027_FLAT.jpg
    15027_FLAT.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
  • 15027_WAVY.jpg
    15027_WAVY.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 211

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
funny you mention that, I also just ordered the peak lapel (duel vent version) and flared trouser MTO in heavy weight fresco (basically same model as the RTW black heavy weight fresco peak lapel duel vent flare trouser RTW that was sold out), I just made black to charcoal (too many navy else would probably consider that too) and specify shorter coat length and sleeve length

edit:

this guy

in this clothe (first trial with heavy weight fresco, let's see how it goes, not intend for true summer heat anyway...)

Last edited:

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
funny you mention that, I also just ordered the peak lapel (duel vent version) and flared trouser MTO in heavy weight fresco (basically same model as the RTW black heavy weight fresco peak lapel duel vent flare trouser RTW that was sold out), I just made black to charcoal (too many navy else would probably consider that too) and specify shorter coat length and sleeve length
It is my favorite cut for sure. I've seen some photos of Nicolas wearing a black chalkstripe suit that I'll probably recreate in the same cut if nothing similar comes from this year's fall/winter collection.

Autre Vue

Reaction score
Glad to hear about everyone's new MTO commissions, and that Gauthier is still able to help people out, he's been sorely missed at the shop but he's planning to do something exciting on his own for this year so I wish him the best.

I also find this combination of the single-breasted peak lapel and flared trousers to be the epitome of Husbands' sexy silhouette, and I think will look great in both of your fabric choices. Looking forward to seeing how they both turn out.

Speaking of new orders, a few weeks ago I picked up one of mine. I haven't had much opportunity to wear it as my wife and I just got a new puppy, and working from home plus multiple potty breaks leaves little opportunity for tailored clothing. But I did wear it to a dinner last Friday, and again for a meeting this morning.

IMG_1787.jpg

It's a flannel double-breasted with flared trousers (Gainsbourg+Poupaud?) in mid grey from Fox Brothers. To me it's the archetypical grey flannel that feels like it should be so ubiquitous, and must have been 50-60 years ago, yet I never actually see many around. Nicolas and I had discussed it over some length, how it should seem classic but have enough details that give it character, hence the wide lapels and trouser silhouette, with two buttons on the cuff like some of Yves Saint Laurent's suits from the 60's.

I'm pretty much sold on the double breasted now, and I think the next order will be the same but in that heavy black fresco, unless I find some nice vintage alternative.

It is my favorite cut for sure. I've seen some photos of Nicolas wearing a black chalkstripe suit that I'll probably recreate in the same cut if nothing similar comes from this year's fall/winter collection.

I've seen this a couple of times on Nicolas and it is indeed a great suit, I believe it's flannel with a mottled chalk stripe, very Gainsbourg.

Amilio

Reaction score
I ended up buying the tan cotton suit separates from Matches Fashion; I have been on the lookout for such a suit for some time. Thanks @merkwurdigliebe for your input.

My conclusions:
1. the jackets from Matches fit like the jackets from Husbands
2. the Matches size measurements are more accurate than the Husbands measurements. The jackets are even slimmer (by measurements) than the Husbands measurements would indicate. Sizing up by one size works for me.
3. the trousers from Matches are smaller than the trousers from Husbands (but the Matches measurements are correct). So the Matches 38 Fr trousers = Husbands 46 EU trousers.
Took the plunge into Husbands with this suit as well. Ended up getting the 50 jacket and 38 trousers, I’m usually a 38 jacket and 30 trouser so we’ll see how it turns out. I guess I’ll find out soon enough but wondering how you like the colour/fit? Curious how close to yellow it is.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the plunge into Husbands with this suit as well. Ended up getting the 50 jacket and 38 trousers, I’m usually a 38 jacket and 30 trouser so we’ll see how it turns out. I guess I’ll find out soon enough but wondering how you like the colour/fit? Curious how close to yellow it is.
Your sizing should be right for you. I have a 48 jacket and 38 trousers and I am usually 36R jacket and 30 trouser.

Color is very hard to reproduce correctly. I like the color. It is not too yellow or warm. To me it is a cool,
slightly greyish tan if that makes any sense.

Amilio

Reaction score
Your sizing should be right for you. I have a 48 jacket and 38 trousers and I am usually 36R jacket and 30 trouser.

Color is very hard to reproduce correctly. I like the color. It is not too yellow or warm. To me it is a cool,
slightly greyish tan if that makes any sense.
That's great, thanks so much for the insight. Excited to try it.

Cobra

Reaction score
New collection is now on Matches. Flared jeans, t shirts, and lighter wool suits. I’m interested to see what else there is to come.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can’t believe how small those flared denim run in the waist.
I almost don’t believe matches even though they’re usually pretty accurate

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member