• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something tells me that my post on fb and my email to him yesterday will continue to be left unaddressed...

Try e-making him he seems to be checking his mails himself again. His girlfriend was doing it and obviously did not know how to answer questions or know what was important to let Highes know.

Stugotes

Reaction score
He posted iPad-sleeves on his tumblr just yesterday. Or the day before that.

laughter95

Reaction score
Yes, it's frustrating because I can see that he's posting on his FB page but is not responding to my email or my FB inquiry. Perhaps I'll just have to purchase from a mainstream brand instead.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here from Hughes lately. He has once again gone missing. He has such talent, it is just too bad his customer service seems to have gone down hill as he has gotten more well known.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone here from Hughes lately. He has once again gone missing. He has such talent, it is just too bad his customer service seems to have gone down hill as he has gotten more well known.

I did read somewhere (perhaps elsewhere on SF) that he has had some health problems of late.

If that is true, I suspect it is why he has not been communicating much recently.

hha3838

Reaction score
Hi, I've bought 4 watchstraps from Hughes as well as an IPhone cover and watchstrap for a friend. The quality has been truly excellent and Hughes is a pleasure to deal with. I'm based in Singapore so it's obviously easier for me to meet up, discuss specs and take delivery etc

I just met him last Wed to pick up my alligator strap for a vintage Zenith. Fyi, Hughes was down with severe food poisoning in Feb and had to be hospitalised briefly.

He will be in Hong Kong all of next week for a trade fair and I have informed Hughes of the queries raised in this thread. I hope he will respond when he gets the chance ;-)

Hope this helps!

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope he does listen. I have been trying to get in touch with him about a wallet for myself and a friends wallet that is still not done afte a year plus wait. I was one of his first customers and now I can not get a returned e-mail. He gives excuses like the e-mails not gong through and his girlfriend checking them. If that is the case he need a girlfriend tha knows how to help keep customers happy.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's partly to do with his leather suppliers too -- the skins are often in short supply, and in addition, he's a one-man show. I've taken possession of quite a few watchstraps + wallets, a few more recently, and his work has improved significantly, since I first used him.

However, you're right that he often drops the ball -- that's to be expected when demand far outstrips his ability to supply.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think it's partly to do with his leather suppliers too -- the skins are often in short supply, and in addition, he's a one-man show. I've taken possession of quite a few watchstraps + wallets, a few more recently, and his work has improved significantly, since I first used him.

However, you're right that he often drops the ball -- that's to be expected when demand far outstrips his ability to supply.

hope this improves

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If that is the case, then it would not be a big deal. He just simply has not replied. He supposedly had my items done, but lost one in the post and the other was returned to him due to the paperwork being wrong. This was all almost 2 months ago now and no response.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad he is gone the "Salvatorre" way. I wish him the best. Sad to see such a gifted crafter not available anymore.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads