• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Get A Good Night's Sleep

Annabelle J.

Reaction score
After a busy day, I expect to have a pleasant sleep. Comfortable bedding sets will help us a lot. Usually, I prefer cotton bedding. Recently, I heard that silk bedding sets are much better. Really?Who have ever used silk bedding? I'd like to share some information with you.
smile.gif
Thanks~

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Annabelle J.
After a busy day, I expect to have a pleasant sleep. Comfortable bedding sets will help us a lot. Usually, I prefer cotton bedding. Recently, I heard that silk bedding sets are much better. Really?Who have ever used silk bedding? I'd like to share some information with you.
smile.gif
Thanks~

wut

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually just drink myself to sleep.

sofaking9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Annabelle J.
smile.gif
Thanks~

Hello alt
laugh.gif

christinedaae

Reaction score
This is actually a very big deal to me. I am big on being efficient and I love getting up at 5:30-6am, I have to. But I also have a life and I don't go to bed at 9pm to get 8 hours of sleep either. So over the last few years I have had to train myself to get the most efficient sleep possible. I don't eat at night unless I go out, and even then I eat very light, if I go to bed on a full stomach, i'm going to be out of commission. For me, and this is just me, I have to sleep with 1 pillow, and I have to sleep on my back. Why I do not know, but that's just me. Last but not least, everything in the wrong has to be off. no PC in sleep mode, no electronics. nothing. If I do that, I can go to bed at 1230 and get up at 5:30 without any problems at all. I do work out and I know, i'm probably shorting myself on my muscle gains by shorting myself on sleep but I'm not a professional bodybuilder o anything and it's just not practical in my every day life to sleep for 9 hours a day. I'd be a miserable prick if I had to go to bed at 9pm everyday.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I usually just drink myself to sleep.
You and me both. Right after I run 5-8 miles. EDIT: I will only sleep on bedding of a thread count higher than 500. Anything less is disgusting. My body is a temple AND a fortress.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remove bedcovers
Insert body (preferably in comfortable position)
Close eyes
?????
Wake up
Repeat after 16-18 hours

dimshum

Reaction score
Though I realize this is probably a spam thread, it's a pretty important topic. I used to trick myself into thinking that sleep was a waste of time but, the reality is, if you don't have enough sleep, you're just wasting time while awake.

Being consistent with my sleeping schedule has been key, esp. for working days. As for supplements, melatonin and/or vitamin D puts me into a deep satisfactory coma.

twdawson

Reaction score
l-tryptophan

& i personally think it's a better bet than melatonin, as the latter is a hormone; safer not to mess with that unless necessary ( i.e. naturally low levels). and anyway....tryptophan is a precursor for serotonin, which is a precursor for melatonin; this way your body has a choice in the matter...

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twdawson
l-tryptophan (& i personally think it's a better bet than melatonin, as the latter is a hormone; safer not to mess with those levels if not necessary. and anyway....tryptophan is a precursor for serotonin, which is a precursor for melatonin); this way your body has a choice in the matter...
I'd probably recommend saving your liver a step in the conversion pathway and synthesis of L-tryptophan, and just go ahead and take 5-Hydroxytryptophan instead. Anecdotally, take 100mg an hour before bed and you will sleep like a baby.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OldGeezer
I like good quality cotton sheets and firm down pillows.

Dude, I got me some seriously high thread count sheets with some oh so subtle vertical stripes that add just a hint of texture. They are like heaven. I kid you not, it's like slipping into a dream.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrH
Remove bedcovers
Insert body (preferably in comfortable position)
Close eyes
?????
Wake up
Repeat after 16-18 hours

lol8[1].gif

Surfrider

Reaction score
Preparation rituals? High-thread-count sheets? Pills? Alcohol? Whatever happened to the tried-and-true method of busting one right before bedtime? It's always worked for me...

JhwkMac

Reaction score
very high thread count doesn't necessarily mean better. it's often a bad thing because it doesn't breathe well and feels stuffy. get a single ply high quality cotton with threads in the neighborhood of four to five hundred. If you can afford it, Matteo is the best imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads