• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to annoy English Majors

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I usually tell them my name is Tyrone.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
If you stick around you will learn that javyns imagination, eager to make some trivial point, frequently ignores inconvenient impediments like reality.

Haha

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find asking them what they plan to do in life and how they plan to repay their tuition fees works the best, or ask them what Lord Byron really meant when he wrote "I can smell the flowers".

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Lol, that's hilarious! I might try that the next time I go! Got to think of a good name... *walks off, racking brain

I have a friend who got tired of spelling his last name for restaurant hostesses, so he always uses "Russell Potts, but you can call me Rusty". Next time I order coffee, I'm going to be "McLovin".

Originally Posted by sonick
When they call the name, do you go "I am Spartacus!"

"I AM McLovin".

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
i89dc.jpg

laugh.gif

Posted on my sisters facebook wall... luckily she came to her senses and is going to be a psychiatrist, although she came this realization AFTER she got her undergrad in Eng Lit
facepalm.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby
I find asking them what they plan to do in life and how they plan to repay their tuition fees works the best, or ask them what Lord Byron really meant when he wrote "I can smell the flowers".
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Posted on my sisters facebook wall... luckily she came to her senses and is going to be a psychiatrist, although she came this realization AFTER she got her undergrad in Eng Lit
facepalm.gif

Posts like this are, indeed, pretty annoying to English majors. I can speak with some authority on that. I mean, what careers did you guys's degrees lead you into? I personally don't regret my lit major for a second, it has contributed as much to my enjoyment of life as my subsequent degree has to my ability to practically live it. Money well spent, certainly.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Posts like this are, indeed, pretty annoying to English majors. I can speak with some authority on that. I mean, what careers did you guys's degrees lead you into? I personally don't regret my lit major for a second, it has contributed as much to my enjoyment of life as my subsequent degree has to my ability to practically live it. Money well spent, certainly.

None as of yet.

brokencycle

Reaction score

My degree in engineering led to me getting a job as an engineer...

Last edited:

_cameosis_

Reaction score

I hope you eventually run into a barista who informs you that the French spelling of "Rambo" is R-I-M-B-A-U-D.

it isn't, as the pronunciation is different. but french is not for everybody.

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol y'all go to Starbucks

Maria Shavzin

Reaction score
I ask them if they want to teach when they are done. Then when they start wangsting that they aren't going for an Education Major, I say; I just didn't want to ask if you were planning on being an assistant manager at Hot Topic, seeing how theres not much else you are cut out to do.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ask them if they want to teach when they are done. Then when they start wangsting that they aren't going for an Education Major, I say; I just didn't want to ask if you were planning on being an assistant manager at Hot Topic, seeing how theres not much else you are cut out to do.
Hmmm...you have a laptop in your kitchen?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics