• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much do you spend on clothes per year?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent about 30-35k in last 2 years. Don't have mortgage or kids. Last year I had two regular income.One form job and I was lucky enough to make big profits form stock market and forex. I was trading forex even at work . Easy money easy go......); .
This year so far I have been loosing money on the stock and forex. Promised my self will not buy anything this year. This year I am tracking all my spending from 1st Jan till today total spending $1348.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way too much. Last year I spent about 10k and this year another 10k already but that includes two suits. I'm rebuilding a wardrobe and in SF terms am a modest baller so it's not a big deal. That said I had probably spent maybe 5k in my prior 10 years of adult life.

Interestingly ever since upping my clothers my income has increased fivefold. May be coincidence but I expect some reasonable ROI.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for making me feel better. Last year was probably around 4k, more than usual. I can't envision myself paying more than that this year although I'm not off to a good start.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say about HKD40000 each year. I admit it is quiet a bit for a student.

I think buying habit had been better this year, I have a good start.

Nowadays I only buy things when I don't have it, or my previous stuff are unworkable or torn wide open

chrisjr

Reaction score
I probably spend $5K a year, but when i have more disposable income it will probably stay the same or go down slightly. I'm at a wardrobe building point in my career, so it's expensive. Then the major expenses (shoes, suits, outwear), will only come once every few years.

Maximus Mark

Reaction score
$5-10K per annum.
Will be $10-20K as soon as I get the balls to replace all AE with Vass/EG/JL and all BB with Bespoke.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
$5-10K per annum.
Will be $10-20K as soon as I get the balls to replace all AE with Vass/EG/JL and all BB with Bespoke.
That's quite a jump, good luck. (Just curious, what sizes are you?
peepwall[1].gif
)

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm, well, I'm in a unique position, because what I spend on new clothes each year is always much less than the proceeds resulting from the sale of the items they replace. So the only thing I ever spend is time.

Generally works out for me this way for me too though I'd hate to quantify the time component.

Galix

Reaction score
I was curious and I calculated how much exactly I have spent since I joined SF: 6,530 € (or 8,526.77 US$). That is since May 2011. Not that much compared to other bros here, and I have to say in my defense that I built my wardrobe from 0 and now I pretty much have all the basics. Still, I hope my wife won't find out or I'll sleep on the couch...

benny

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for suits! I wear them once or twice then I'll try something new again. Not really a practical thing to do but I do it anyway.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't make me really think of the answer to this question. I avoid thinking about things like this.

cmon now, THINK! :devil:

What an old thread. Nostalgia on SF :)

inorite! dates waaaay back, and even has an epic banhammer usage.

There's never been a better time to buy blue spectator double monks with contrast stitching.

bazing lol

--
i dont know exactly as it kinda goes in phases month to month, but my best guess on an average year would be 5K on the low end and 7K on the high end. i need to peel back in a serious way or start making a lot more dough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads