• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pull-ups/push-ups did you do today?

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a "homemade crossfit" type of workout yesterday:

5 sets of the following:
No rest between exercises
20 dips - bw + 25 lbs
20 leg raises
20 thrusters (squat followed by military press) - 40 lbs
10 pullups - bw + 25 lbs
30 sec rest

Monaco

Reaction score
At the most I do about 3 sets of 30lb + bw chins.

Pull ups I don't do it often but I think I will start doing dumbell pull up crawls. Anybody do these? if so, what weight do you use?

DJackson

Reaction score
Proud to say I did over 1500 push ups today. 36 every 20 minutes I've been awake (evil russian is evily evil). I think I'll top 1600 before I go to bed.
No chin ups / pull ups :( but the UPS guy is delivering my chin up bar tomorrow :devil:

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Proud to say I did over 1500 push ups today. 36 every 20 minutes I've been awake (evil russian is evily evil). I think I'll top 1600 before I go to bed.
No chin ups / pull ups :( but the UPS guy is delivering my chin up bar tomorrow :devil:

That Evil Russian program works! After 2 weeks you'll see good progress. I increased my pull up count by 30%

DJackson

Reaction score
About the pull ups, have you been following a particular schedule different from the Evil Russian push ups? Or are you doing the same intensities & schedule with pull ups as you did with push ups?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About the pull ups, have you been following a particular schedule different from the Evil Russian push ups? Or are you doing the same intensities & schedule with pull ups as you did with push ups?

Same schedule, just a different number of reps since I can't do as many pullups as pushups. When the timer went off I would do pushups/pullups, then the next time around I would do wide pushups/chinups, alternating throughout the day.

Last edited:

DJackson

Reaction score

Same schedule, just a different number of reps since I can't do as many pullups as pushups. When the timer went off I would do pushups/pullups, then the next time around I would do wide pushups/chinups, alternating throughout the day.

Haha push ups in the office I can get away with. Pull ups will take some balls. Ah well I bought the most travel friendly bar for pull ups I could find so setting up in the office break room doorway is imminent. Failure will either be in the hands of my own resolve or some obscure HR policy.

gateslion

Reaction score

I don't seem to be adding muscle mass by doing pull-ups every other day. I think a large portion of the problem is I'm not actually straining my muscles that much. Should I do two days on-one day off to increase the incentive of my muscles to repair and enlarge?

Yeah, I would definitely change that up if you are trying to gain size. Doing sets of less than failure several times per day is a great way to increase performance ability, but its not geared towards mass.

If you want to gain mass, your best best is an 8-12 rep range and going to failure. Back is a large muscle group, so for that type of workout, if you are pushing yourself to the level you really need to be to cause serious uscle growth, you need more than one day's rest.

I do a full on BB bodypart split so I only hit back once per week, but I'd say MAYBE you could hit it hard twice per week at most. (depending on how you want to set up your split).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads