• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pair of shoes do you currently own?

billbusse

Reaction score
Yep as the main spots the shoe room and the stairs are full of shoes so the rest are scattered around the house lol. ^_^ Difficult to have enough space unless there was planning before hand to have a very big shoe room that can handle 300 pairs 😂
Since I cannot find the place to list exactly how many shoes I have I'm sending it to you, maybe you can help me.
I probably have 1000 pairs of shoes everything from Gucci to Converse. Lots of spectators, patent leather, boots escpecially
Western boots, etc. I'm always sorting and giving away and adding new.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Basically, I started collecting dress shoes and once I reached each color I'd ever need for a suit or business casual I stopped. I have like 8 pairs of oxfords in various colors / types.

Since COVID and a new job allow me to wear jeans and a t-shirt if I wanted to, I've moved to boots. Now the goal starts all over again and I've caught the shell cordovan addiction so I'll probably stop once I reach a shell rainbow in boots. Of course, I've sprinkled in a few personal must haves such as Alden Indy and C&J Isley. Also suede as needed (just bought some tan suede boots). Thing is I really enjoy wearing boots but I am being a lot pickier about what I buy than I was with oxfords.

I'll probably start on some derbies / chukkas after boots but I'm in no rush, yet.

Last edited:

billbusse

Reaction score
I’m sure with 274 there are still a few gaps in the rotation.

I’m still waiting for the answer as to where these are kept.
Although I am not the person with 274 pairs of shoes and have closer to 1000 pairs I keep them in well labeled boxes and according to style or color so all summer shoes (white, spectators, saddles) are stored in one or two closets. Regular black, tan, brown and burgundy laced dress shoes stored together and all loafers (weejuns, pennies, etc) stored together. I also have a great number of formal shoes (both opera pumps and laced oxfords) which I try to keep together to make it easier to find them when I want them. In total I have them stored in 3 closets and a separate room for out of season shoes and boots.

Apache1

Reaction score
I will start with 274 pairs as of March 15 2022. Consisting of various style and brands such Allen Edmond, Berwick, Yanko, Loake, Crockett and Jones, Yuketen, Russell Moccasin, Heschung, Corno Blu, Handmacher, J FitzPatrick, Enzo Bonafe, Visvim, Brunello Cucinelli, Heinrich Dinkerlacker, Weston, Bontoni, John Lobb, Edward Green, Kiton, and many many more.
I have approximately 50 pairs of dress shoes, 10 pair of boots, 10 pair of sneakers. I wear them all

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have nearly as many as these boys which makes me rethink my username.. I think I have anywhere from 130 to 135 pairs. I own from various makers, but I don't own sandals and only within the last 12 months or so picked up my first few pairs of sneakers. I think 2 pairs but I don't count them amongst my 130+.

As for those guys having those shoes out in the open, braver men than myself.
I wouldn't dare.

As for hiding spots, I also have them scattered around the house, in the garage, in our storage unit, my office, parents house(s), and cousin's apartment (new spot for me).

Spex

Reaction score
Although I am not the person with 274 pairs of shoes and have closer to 1000 pairs I keep them in well labeled boxes and according to style or color so all summer shoes (white, spectators, saddles) are stored in one or two closets. Regular black, tan, brown and burgundy laced dress shoes stored together and all loafers (weejuns, pennies, etc) stored together. I also have a great number of formal shoes (both opera pumps and laced oxfords) which I try to keep together to make it easier to find them when I want them. In total I have them stored in 3 closets and a separate room for out of season shoes and boots.

Is this for real? 1,000 pairs? Do you mind if I ask how long you’ve been collecting? If I bought one pair of shoes each week, that would take 20 years.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity for the guys who have these collections - let’s call it over 150 - What’s the driver behind your large collections?

Is it shoes for the sake of shoes? Do you collect them for the sake of collecting? Is it like Pokémon where you're trying to catch them all?

I’d thought I had a high number being somewhere between 50-75 depending on how recently I’ve given things away and even with that there are shoes I get around to wearing maybe 5 times a year.

Do you wear multiple pairs a day or something? A smaller pair inside a larger pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads