• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My groin seems to be okay, but I decided not to run the race today anyway and give it another day. I'll try a short, easy run tomorrow.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DNF'd my 50 miler. Banged up my knee at mile 26 and had to limp into an aid station at mile 32. No place to get picked up for a ride to that start and had to hike another 2.8 miles to the next aid station. I could have toughed it out to finish but I don't know what long term issues I could have done. **** happens.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, @jbarwick ive been there before...

3.1 miles (5 km) of flats this evening after being outside in 85+ degree weather all afternoon (I went to the Earthquakes vs Rapids game).

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You did the right think, jbar - trying to push on another 20 miles with an injury could have done you permanent damage. Bad luck, but great effort.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Knee feels a little better today. Just the aches along with it now but I should be back after some rest.

It was some tough single track. Over night rain made everything slick then the heat surprised everyone. Winner finished in 8:55 and he was pretty accomplished. Even if I was totally healthy I think a 12hr day was not out of the realm of possibility.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 miles on the flats today. And to think I almost cut it to 3 miles... I was feeling pretty lousy when I started. I'd just gotten home from the climbing gym, where I'd thrashed myself pretty thoroughly. My energy levels have also been low from trying to lose weight. I'm currently down 15 pounds, and at the weight where I was when I ran my marathon PR two years ago.

After about two miles tonight, I started feeling pretty good. Two weeks until race day!

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.2 miles tonight, on a real track. Despite the weekend, and the miles therein, I was going pretty well. Tried to sustain under 7 minutes / mile, but couldn't manage that past the first mile. Also, there was a pretty good headwind on east side of the track, heading north.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to post in here regularly but stopped a while back for some reason. I noticed that after I stopped posting in here, I sort of cut back on my running as well (but I never stopped completely). So as the weather is warming up again here in the Great Lakes and I'm pushing myself to get out of the gym and back to running outside more frequently, I'm going to try to post in here for each run. It sort of gives me some motivation and accountability.

I did 6.98 miles this morning at an 8 minute 40 second pace and then realized I stopped at 6.98 miles so I did a lap though mine and my neighbor's circular driveways so I could hit that next mile...

Around 2.5 miles in it started pouring rain on me but I had a nice pace going so I didn't mind.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My achilles has been acting up since last week's hilly run, so I haven't run since Wednesday. Commuted by bike yesterday, though. Just under forty miles round-trip. The wind on the return was scarcely believable, and it took me half an hour longer for the same distance. Hope to get a run in today.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8.8 miles at a 9:00 minute pace today.

The weather was great for this morning's run - mid 60s, no humidity, sunshine, light breeze... All spring up until this point, even if the rest of the day was nice, the mornings have been in the 30s or 40s and overcast. All of a sudden, spring has sprung this week. It definitely makes it easier to drag myself out of bed to go running at 5:15 a.m.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8.8 miles at a 9:00 minute pace today.

The weather was great for this morning's run - mid 60s, no humidity, sunshine, light breeze... All spring up until this point, even if the rest of the day was nice, the mornings have been in the 30s or 40s and overcast. All of a sudden, spring has sprung this week. It definitely makes it easier to drag myself out of bed to go running at 5:15 a.m.

Meanwhile, Spring likes to remind us that its still Spring sometimes... I'll be running in this later this evening since I was too lazy to wake up at 6:00 this morning to go run.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 7.37.53 AM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads