• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.5 miles this evening. Feeling a bit off from the cold I'm just getting over, but still managed an easy pace run.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
6.6 yesterday at lunch. I haven't run that far or for that long since September. Pleasantly surprised by the pace. Really tired today, though.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.8 mile recovery run.
Got the UD Jurek III vest today. Feels realy comfortable. Trying it out this weekend.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.2 miles yesterday. New Brooks Ghost 8 arrive Monday though in a boring gray/green color combination. No wonder they were the cheapest...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.1 miles
JBar- are the Ghosts heavy?

The Brooks website says 10.3oz so not light compared to other shoes available. I personally don't have an issue with the weight and run better in the more traditional type running shoe with a little more cushion. These are also rated at a 12mm drop but I don't know if that has affected me at all coming from an 8mm. Overall I really like these shoes and have been able to run 500 healthy miles in pair one through the first 3 months of this year.

Last night I got in 4.7 miles with my trail group. Found out the park is blocking off most of the 12+ miles of paved roads from cars which will make it a lot safer for all who cycle and run on the paved sections.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big training run today. Ran on a rail trail. 26.2 miles in 3:56.

Tried the UD SJ III vest today. Great vest and nice fit. Had a 2L bladder in back pouch and food in front.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday - 9.8 miles, yesterday - 5.6 miles, today is TBD. I would like to get in 12.1 for a 50 mile week but my motivation is not there.

blahspam

Reaction score
50 miles and ~ 10k gain on Saturday during the Old Goat's 50M:

https://www.strava.com/activities/528224641/overview

This race got the best of me last year but I managed to get her done this time around. That last 20 miles is absolutely sadistic (climbs that look tiny on the course profile are absolutely massive when you have 40 miles on your legs). I still have core issues but have noticed significant improvement over past races.

Next Up: Leona Divide 50M in 3 weeks :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads