• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles very slowly, maybe a 10 min pace. My back/sciatic nerve is finally starting to feel better...haven't noticed any pain in the last few days, so I decided to go for a short run and check out some of my new surroundings. This is my first run after moving, so I don't have a good route mapped out yet. But I snapped a few pics along the way...lots of nice scenery so far:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone ice their knees and feet after running?

I do if I have a problem. Ive found it a very effective way of dealing with aching ligaments in the knees and ankles.

3 miles for me. Tapering is hard - definitley feeling unsatisfied and tense with the lack of running..

Charlie

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11 fast yesterday (6:55ish) needed to cut it short because with my job I pushed my body to its absolute breaking point. yoga today and more running tonight.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do if I have a problem. Ive found it a very effective way of dealing with aching ligaments in the knees and ankles.
3 miles for me. Tapering is hard - definitley feeling unsatisfied and tense with the lack of running..
Charlie

I was worried before my long run this weekend. My achilles was still tight the day before and I've had issues in the past. I slept on my back with a cold compress under each achilles/heel, and I felt great during my run and after. I keep waiting for the tightness that comes after a long run, but it hasn't shown up.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
6.8 miserable miles this morning. Maybe my worst run ever. I eventually gave up and rode the bus back to my car. :(

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This a.m., 5 miles. 7'30" pace

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got in about 4.5 miles this morning. I was planning on doing about 8 but was a bit stiff and then the skies opened up on me at about the 2 mile mark so I said screw it and turned for home instead.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
congrats half-marathoners!

Does anyone ice their knees and feet after running?

Sometimes my feet. If my knees give me trouble I switch to new shoes and start climbing stairs more.

6.8 miserable miles this morning. Maybe my worst run ever. I eventually gave up and rode the bus back to my car. :(

Been there, done that. I hate bailing on a run. Get some rest and you'll bounce back.

Saturday I was stressed over job and family so I took off from the house and started exploring the neighborhood. Came across a new park in a remote area, so I ran that (short) trail and worked the circuit machines. No idea what distance, took just under an hour, all told. And it rained a good bit of it, which was the best part.

Today - 6 x 800m, 200r, finally got the time progression right, finished strong, jogged home.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Running is the best therapy ever. 6 with strides as I taper for my Sunday goal marathon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member