• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How large are your calves?

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calf - 14.5 Thigh - 21 Waist - 29 ***
Originally Posted by HomerJ
\tI think my calves look bigger than they are because I have slender joints, ankles, knees, etc. Some average measurements. Interesting stats. http://www.pipeline.com/~dada3zen/average.htm
Cool link. I noticed that there is a reference to "exhaled" vs. "inhaled" measurements of the chest. I have always assumed that, when measuring my chest for clothing purposes, I should exhale completely. Is this correct?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
My calves absolutely suck. They're the worst part of my body. Whatever I seem to do, they are just no growing.

Genetics is a *****.

You could go Johnny Drama and get calf implants.

etl

Reaction score
Fall Guy brings back some good Bad memories.

5'6"
waist 36
calves: 17.5
big thighs too. I've been thinner but always had big legs.

I've only been particularly self-conscious about my calves in two instances: when my pant cuffs gets caught on them; and on a century bike ride a few years ago there was some line-backer riding my wheel that said, "dude, your calves are bigger than my thighs." I did the only respectable thing to do at the time and rode him off my wheel.

metkirk

Reaction score
5ft7, waist 29.5, calves are like 13

Side question, what's the best exercise to make your hips and legs bigger? My friend said biking would be helpful but I don't have the money to buy a bike right now.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
5ft7, waist 29.5, calves are like 13

Side question, what's the best exercise to make your hips and legs bigger? My friend said biking would be helpful but I don't have the money to buy a bike right now.

Stealing bikes builds great calves.

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I think my calves look bigger than they are because I have slender joints, ankles, knees, etc. Some average measurements. Interesting stats. http://www.pipeline.com/~dada3zen/average.htm
I'm 17...

Calves 16.5"
Waist 34.5"

I've got chub at my waist and belly, but my calves are just about all muscle because I'm a soccer player. I wouldn't consider myself in great shape right now because I missed a week and a half with no exercise because of a pulled hamstring, but now I'm easily running a mile under 6:20

Opcn

Reaction score
it makes them stronger, all else being equal you can jump higher, sprint faster, deadlift more, drag/push more faster, bike faster,and lower your center of gravity ever so slightly.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Wow, I'm Mr. Avg. according to that Men's Health thing, I fit almost every one of those! Lame!

My calves are 17.5", I've always had pretty big calves naturally, luckily. I'm so glad I don't have bird legs, I almost never have to work my legs in the gym besides just running, I look out of proportion if I do.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the Entourage episode where Drama wants calf implants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads