• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you pack your shoes when travelling?

stylecounsel1

Reaction score
Just wondering how you all pack shoes when travelling?

Even if you keep your shoes immaculate, who knows what you might step in, so how do you keep your shoes apart from clean items in your luggage?
Do you take shoe trees with you?
Are there any useful solutions / products to help with this other than the cloth bags shoes sometimes come with?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stuff them with socks, which helps keep the shape, and put them
in shoe bags. Shoe trees and the like are best for private planes
and the Royal Yacht Britannia.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stuff them with socks, which helps keep the shape, and put them
in shoe bags. Shoe trees and the like are best for private planes
and the Royal Yacht Britannia.
This.
Way too much anxiety over such things. As much as we like our gear and want to keep it looking good, it’s meant to be worn.
For a few days business trip I’ll be wearing one pair and pack another, laid longways in the rollaboard between the ridges on the side of the case made by the housing of the telescoping handles and my wash kit fits neatly in between. That’s as much thought as is needed.

Reaction score
Just wondering how you all pack shoes when travelling?

Do you take shoe trees with you?

If I have to, I would pack my shoes in waterproof travel shoe bags. I would use lightweight plastic shoe trees to keep them in shape.

My luggage is packed and ready-to-go all the time. For simplicity, I can keep a pair of freshly shined monk straps in the suit case, and wear a pair of social sneakers for trips.

If the trip is a bit more stately, then I would follow the 3 Shoe Rule: One pair of black monk straps in the suit case. One pair of brown monk straps to wear for the trip. And one pair of Chelsea sneakers in the suit case.

I keep two 4-inch mini shoe horns, one in the carry-on bag, another in the jacket pocket.

(Normally I don't pack any additional pairs of shoes for trips. My default packing is a pair of unvarnished cedar shoe trees in the travel shoe bags, and wearing monk straps with me. Thus, in the evening, they can rest with shoe trees on the hotel room floor. However, the question is "how I pack shoes...", thus the explanation above.)

Even if you keep your shoes immaculate, who knows what you might step in, so how do you keep your shoes apart from clean items in your luggage?

I clean the shoes before putting them back in the suit case.

I find the waterproof travel shoe bags essential. It's difficult to clean the shoe completely during a trip. The waterproof fabric prevents the dirt from going all over the place.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoCanvas