• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you handle a bad reference from a previous employer?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
More like her attorney should talk to the principal. If the Union is useless, she could make enough noise to get his ass bagged.
The thing with attorney's is what problem is it going to solve? The attorney can't actually get her job back and can't force the principal to give a glowing recommendation.
Originally Posted by Bhowie
The best advice I can give you so she can get back in is to sub. She needs to get to know exactly what a school is looking for and subbing is the best way to do this.
Already have her going down that path. Interim job postings as well. My real hope is that a position will open up after a month or two - new baby, move to another state, etc.. Then she can slide right in.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
basically, the only thing to do is say "I have worked 25 years for several imployers, and I the last one had a problem with me. I have several others that give me good references, and I can explain why the last one is trashing me" good luck

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
basically, the only thing to do is say "I have worked 25 years for several imployers, and I the last one had a problem with me. I have several others that give me good references, and I can explain why the last one is trashing me" good luck
I don't know Globe. If I was interviewing someone, and I heard that, I'd be put off. Plus, there really is no "proof". This woman went on a subversive campaign to get her fired, and succeeded, but it was all kosher.

blackjack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
The thing with attorney's is what problem is it going to solve? The attorney can't actually get her job back and can't force the principal to give a glowing recommendation.

Already have her going down that path. Interim job postings as well. My real hope is that a position will open up after a month or two - new baby, move to another state, etc.. Then she can slide right in.

True - however, retaining a good attorney might prevent poor references in the future.

Although it certainly did not appear to be raised by her former employers to the principal in question, when I am asked to provide a reference on any former staff, I have received advice not to indicate anything specifically negative as it could allow the former employee to sue us for damages etc. I do not know how realistic or common that threat actually is -- all I know is that it is a concern within most corporate environments. That's also why any lukewarm reference I receive is generally interpreted as a negative one.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777