• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do i get rid of acne !!

ari.seoul

Reaction score
go to a dermatologist

they will also know the cause of your acne ... some of the remedy mentioned might be just to cover up an acne or are only short time solution, you also need to know the cause to prevent further acne break out

a lot of time acne are caused by oil and dirt
dirt you can wash and minimize
oil, if your face is naturally oily, you might need some medication to help you

AFG34

Reaction score
do a colon cleanse to get rid of all the built up toxins
stop eating heavily processed 'food' + make sure you're getting enough fiber
eat a clove of garlic a day - chop it up and swallow with water

inter71

Reaction score
Just to get another alternative, you should not ignore new laser treatments. Certainly, laser treatments might be a little more expensive than other treatments, but from what I heard they are effective.

The bottom line is, see dermatologist to diagnose what kind of acne you have and then choose right treatment.

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
Do you take showers at night?
If not, you probably should. Getting rid of any hair gunk like hair wax or gels before sleeping is a must. All those greasy compounds will clog your pores when you sleep face down or sideways on your pillow.

narcissism

Reaction score
Try products with benzoyl peroxide or gylcerin (glycerol). I think Accutane is unnecessary unless you have really severe acne because of its harmful side effects. Sleeping with a clean towel on your pillow is new to me.

orewagundamu

Reaction score
I used to try all sorts of products but now I just wash my face with spectro jel and drink lots of water which works for me.

loreley

Reaction score
An attempt at a serious answer.

1. See a dermatologist. This is going to get you the best results in the shortest amount of time. Period.

2. It's been shown that diet has practically no effect on acne.

3. Use clean pillow covers.

4. DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE.

Aptidude

Reaction score
What about back/chest acne? Been to the dermo three times in past four years. They never seem to know for certain how to treat it and just try to talk me into getting the same mole biopsied (benign!). The only thing that works is the sun. Unfortunately, even tanning beds work better than the doc's medicine. Yes, I realize this is counter productive because it risks skin cancer. Anyone else have this problem?

badtzwang

Reaction score
Something that helps is cutting out any dairy product from your diet. A lot of the time, milk is infused with a lot of hormones which screw with your own body's hormones

freeAgent

Reaction score
I use a combination of body wash and Dove soap (which is not really soap) on my back/body. I basically use Dove when I'm rushed and body wash+loofah when I'm not. After you've toweled off, get out a hair dryer and use it on your body. It's pretty simple, but it helps a lot.

brayanfraser

Reaction score
One thing you should know about acne is not caused by dirt, the same amount of work cleaning and toning plans to get rid of them. Thus, for acne treatment and consult a physician to eat many healthy foods and drink plenty of water. This is a natural way to keep you face spot free.

Rookje

Reaction score
I get acne on and off, and when it's on its really bad. I get it on my chest, back, shoulders and face.

I thought I was cured around 8 months ago, but then it flared up again. When it was gone, I was on keto doing a cut (really clean diet of fat/protein and under 30g carbs). When it flared up, I was doing a bulk with a refeed (CKD). Sure enough, every morning after the carb load I would break out. I would just carb load with refined carbs, since it works best.

Well, the acne got me emo and I fell off my diet and routine and gained ~15 lbs (I also had to work 10-12 hr days for a crunch period). I'm back on keto again, and the acne is going away (combined with using a Salicylic Acid wash + BP and some other stuff).

Acne is really frustrating, really wish they would just come out with some magic cure already. I hear nobody is interested in really developing a full cure because there is so much money in selling treatments.

sdn11818

Reaction score
wow, i never thought carbs would cause acne. i'm desperate to get rid of this! i've resorted to my 2nd round of accutane.
frown.gif

lame thing is i think my acne is getting worse... i hope it's only temporary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads