• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hotel tipping

jmswentworth

Reaction score
I did not doubt you.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody obliged you to be a morderator. If it is too complicated for you, resign. At least beeing moderator gives you something to say on the board.

I never ask for the "stupid" moderation of a guy obsessed with
"The rules" and "the good manners" so I have no reason to tip you.

This coming from someone who

I expected a reply connected with the topic, not a sum up of my background on the board...

1)  Criticizes a girl for making a sandwich.

What is the link with the topic ?

the topic = tiping  a waiter or inviting a date just to stick to good manners = the proof of (and/or) :

- a lack of personnality
- a poor self confidence
- a poor critical and very conservative mind

2)  Comes out roaring against Rolex, and then decides he needs to buy one for status reasons (see related posts to this effect).

I don't tip people who sell me the Rolex nor do i with people who see it on my wrist.

I didn't only talk about status reasons, look better.

You never change your mind about an item?

3)  Thinks that all jeans except for Levi's 501 are for stupid fashionistas (notice that he knows nothing about denim, nor even knew that Levis Europe and Levi's USA are different companies,)

What a shame. But during my dates, I hide these weak points about my personality.

3)  who's very first posts to this forum were about how wearing patterns with stripes were against the *rules*.  This seems like mindless adherence to rules to me.  

The rules of how to match patterns is just a question of common sens, of geometrical harmony. As you will not match a grey suit with brown shoes, white tie, yellow socks, and a red shirt.

This is not a social ruleas nobody cares about your patterns.

4)  Asks strangers over the net for money and services for no services rendered, and is content to let the French people support his lifestyle - that to me is a beggar.

I rended a service to these strangers as I talk to them on the forum. They talk about me, quote me, repeat my words. And some even send me private messages as they were worried  because i wasn't posting anymore on the forum.
So we could say I brought some fun, some pleasure in their lifes. It is normal to pay people who brought you some pleasure, some fun. Isn't it?

The money I was asking ($100 000 $ much more than a tip) was to make fun of someone who was obviously a pathological liar. If you didn't understand this, you are more stupid that I thought you were.

5)  Has impressed everybody on the forum by his personality, wealth of knowledge, and general acumen

I have met  people from the forum. Some of them are good friends now.

The forum? As life sums up to the forum, from the forum   =

Who did you met from the forum?
Who does think you are someone interesting to meet?
What people send to you as a gift because they liked you?  
Who tried to seduce you?
Who invited you to come and sleep at his house?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you explain this?
Easily. Â The rest of us only date poor, ugly, greedy, stupid, homeless women.
I know this but the 2 questions remain = why are you upset when you don't tip? why do you pay for your dates?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not doubt you.
?

When will we meet in your 400m² apartement in Paris?

Could i come with my girlfriend ?

Sure we could talk about how to dress for your next party at the White House...

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As LA has no balls, here is his private reply to my questions =

Posted: May 16 2005,21:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't really feel like answering these questions on the forum, so:
Who did you met from the forum?

About a doxen members from Boston, about the same in LA region.

Who does think you are someone interesting to meet?

Numerous NYC and DC members, as well as some from Europe.

What people send to you as a gift because they liked you?

About half a dozen.

Who tried to seduce you?

One. I think it was genuinely a woman too. In any case, I have a fiancee.

Who invited you to come and sleep at his house?

Granted, none so far.

Fok.

And the further dialogue =

Not really into competing with you on the forum, ernest.

I am really not jealous of you, nor am I starved for your approval nor for social approval in general.

Perhaps your misunderstanding of my simultaneous amusement and exasperation with you stems from your inability to read the into the nuances of the English language, for which I can hardly blame you since your English is superior to my French.

Fok.

People who don't want to compete will not say this = I can hardly blame you since your English is superior to my French.

Because if your were speaking French, you could blame me?

Who are you to blame anybody on the forum ?

In fact you wanna compete but as soon as you feel you will lose, you stop and send a private message.

I don't need your private messages. If you wanna say something, say it on the forum. Don't be an hypocrital sissy.

Last PM from me, unless of course you break the rules of the forum.

I really feel no need to compete with you on the forum. That there is an entire thread devoted to making fun of you should be evidence enough of *why* I don't need to compete with you.

What I mean by "I don't blame you" is in the context that I understand that you do not understand that people are making fun of you.

One last thing. You are allowed to say what you wish, but I (and Brian and Steve and j., will edit your posts if they contain invective or innappropriate language)

Have fun on the forum ernest. People enjoy your presence, although I am not convinced that you understand altogether why.

Fok.

Very involved moderator, isn't he?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members