• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A while ago, in the old platform, I started a 10/5 thread. It's a little less useful now that we can't collate pictures from a thread as in the past (the gallery that used to be on the right of a thread where you could just see the pictures). Still, if you are patient and scroll through, you might use it for some inspiration for next fall and winter.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/ten-ties-five-jackets-10-5-thread-fall-winter-edition.517882/

I invite anyone in this thread to take up the challenge: five jackets (or suits) and 10 ties (see the OP). It's a good exercise. Do it!

In the meantime, I'm updating my 10 ties for the thread, so here's the first, a navy worsted flannel subtle glen plaid made by E&G Cappelli. It's actually a rich, saturated dark tie, somewhat bleached out in this photo (though the desaturation of the gunclub jacket is accurate).

IMG_E0897.jpg

@UrbanComposition where did you get that lovely belted coat?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new week, featuring new swag - the suit and scarf are from my recent trip to London, and the shoes were acquired directly thereafter.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Thomas Pink
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Carmina, via the Armoury, NYC
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - New & Lingwood, London
Hat - Selentino

View attachment 932200

You wear a lot of English brands, are you in England regularly or just a fan? As usual, great city look. Something I wish I could wear, but would look out of place where I live.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still linen weather here in the southern hemisphere.
P.S. Does anyone has tips in regards to the fit of the trousers? Still not 100% happy, should the calf area be slightly wider to obtain optimal fit? Thighs and cuff are already quite comfortable.
View attachment 932142

Overall, I like it. It's not something I could pull off, but it looks good. My only fit issues would be the length of the trousers (I know it's intentional), but the length of the trousers combined with the "lowness of the crotch" throws me off. The bottom of the jacket barely, if at all, reaches below the crotch area on the front, which seems strange considering the rise is so high. It's almost like they should be pulled up more (but, again, the rise is so high, that is obviously not the case). I would actually reduce the rise, too. Maybe somewhere between the buttons of the jacket as currently its at or above the top bottom.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A while ago, in the old platform, I started a 10/5 thread. It's a little less useful now that we can't collate pictures from a thread as in the past (the gallery that used to be on the right of a thread where you could just see the pictures). Still, if you are patient and scroll through, you might use it for some inspiration for next fall and winter.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/ten-ties-five-jackets-10-5-thread-fall-winter-edition.517882/

I invite anyone in this thread to take up the challenge: five jackets (or suits) and 10 ties (see the OP). It's a good exercise. Do it!

I have always been a huge fan of that thread (and the summer version). Will make sure to post my selection soon!

Greetings from a very white and cold Hamburg!
Gloves and tie from Vecchio Anseatico.

IMG_8242-PS.jpg
IMG_8252-PS.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads