• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the suit. I would love some feedback on ties to pair with it.

Suit: Sartorio by Attolini
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Conrad Wu
PS: Drake’s
Shoes: Carlos Santos

View attachment 923518 View attachment 923519 View attachment 923521 View attachment 923524

I think the pairing is quite excellent. Other than that I can imagine this suit with printed Wool Challis or Madder ties, either with neat prints or large paisleys.

I went to a birthday party yesterday and promised the host to wear a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I wasn't lying.

IMG_7831l.JPG
IMG_7822l.JPG

Tonight though, I was back in formal attire for a Tschaikowsky concert:

IMG_7838l.JPG
IMG_7848l.JPG

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AAS: I've had two camel jackets, and I just couldn't get on with them.

Also, this notion that the thread is for looks with neckwear is ahistorical. If there's a common element, it's the inclusion of tailored clothing. Yes, there's an MC Casual thread, but its presence doesn't mean that folks should be discouraged from posting here. I think most of us are more than capable of processing and giving useful feedback, even if denim is involved...

I can't even remember which direction British vs American stripes tilt, let alone which combination of colors represents which organization (if any). If I knew that a particular tie signaled membership, I probably would pass on it, but I think for most Americans, stripes is stripes. For better or worse, that's not how we get down on this side of the Atlantic.

That makes sense. Hopefully it makes sense to you that few, if any, Americans would feel the same. Even if someone were to call me out to my face, I would feel embarrassed for that person and his/her actions in saying something to me, not for what I was wearing.

Thankfully, I think SF is past that ridiculous aversion at this point.

Yup, yup, yup, and yup. :)

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannel does what it does, that I know. But the excessive pulling at the buttoning point highlights the excessive waist suppression which really detracts from what otherwise would be a beautiful and clean jacket.
You didn’t see the sleeves then?
I’d expect that wrinkling on a linen jacket, not flannel.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannel does what it does, that I know. But the excessive pulling at the buttoning point highlights the excessive waist suppression which really detracts from what otherwise would be a beautiful and clean jacket.

Very fair point @Patrick R

This is part of an older collection. I have since had my paper pattern modified and my most recent project (which I’ve only shown on Ongoing Bespoke Projects in basted form) reflects a more sublime silhouette.

I’ve thought of letting the waist out slightly on this and a number of other coats but I may have to sacrifice the shape (curve) in the small of the back.

Will still do so in due time for a cleaner look.

Alan Bee

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very fair point @Patrick R

This is part of an older collection. I have since had my paper pattern modified and my most recent project (which I’ve only shown on Ongoing Bespoke Projects in basted form) reflects a more sublime silhouette.

I’ve thought of letting the waist out slightly on this and a number of other coats but I may have to sacrifice the shape (curve) in the small of the back.

Will still do so in due time for a cleaner look.

Alan Bee

I get the tradeoff, and you'll never have rigid, armor-like, perfect lines from flannel, but the styling is so nice that I want the overall fit to be better. :)

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Alan Bee what color is that basket weave cloth? It looks purple-ish on my monitor! Very nice!

BTW, what is your choice of watch(es) on a daily basis? I must assume that your watch collection matches your bespoke clothing collection, no?

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke Jacket: Caccioppoli 350 gram basket weave wool
Bespoke Trousers: W. Bill Covert Cloth 20 oz
Bespoke Necktie: EG Cappelli Blockstripe 7-fold unlined

Alan Bee

tie and pocket square combo don't work. solid choice of trouser material. the nature of jacket weave and trouser material begs for an oxford cloth shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads