• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epicure

Reaction score
I own several ties from this brand and I agree with @blekit - EoE presents really good value for money. What I like the most about them is their „bespoke” option - most of RTW ties is 2-3 cm too long for me as I have thin neck. Additionally I prefer wider than usual width of tie at the spot where the tie knots. And they can make such tie for less than 70 EUR. The only problem with them is that their choice of fabrics is limited and some patterns are... questionable at best. But you can still pick some nice ones. For example here is one of mine:

View attachment 910385
I also own a few ties from EoE. I agree that they're pretty good for the price. Yes, as you point out, some patterns are probably best avoided, but there are some good solid options and a handful of patterns that are absolutely fine. If you don't mind, I'd like the deets on the jacket. Maker? Cloth?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd time wearing this J Press suit sans alterations. Sleeves and pants need to be lengthened at the very least. I think the shoulders are too wide. I may just sell it. Thoughts. Square is a bit too matchy with the tie. I should have gone with a white square. Why is it that a white shirt and white square are fine, but not matching tie and square?
:hide:

95EB14ED-9738-46E5-828E-CD847CC41218.jpeg

8A51304F-B8D7-4BB1-96A0-FA2572850E3F.jpeg

20C629E5-D7C9-48B9-84F3-DBD770CE5E74.jpeg

Epicure

Reaction score
To add to the post by @Coxsackie, aficionados almost always recommend adding at least a little water to serve whisky. Some whiskies are so robust that their full flavour profile may even be best appreciated by adding a large proportion of water. Adding water to make up as much as a third of the total volume served is not unheard of.

I'm personally fond of Islay single malts, and it's my preference to add about 20 mL (2/3 oz) of water per 60 mL (2 oz) serve of whisky for the cask strength varieties. These whiskies are produced with a mind that they'll be diluted to the consumers preference at serving, as opposed to those whiskies that are bottled with a proportion of water based on the distiller's preference. For those who enjoy a robust dram with loads of mouth-filling (and nose-fillling!) alcohol heat, the option of no dilution is also catered for.

In regard the addition of ice to whisky, I'm against it. Adding ice achieves dilution, but it also serves to numb the tongue, and hence the ability of the taste receptors to provide the maximum gustatory feedback of which they're otherwise capable. In short, ice substantially reduces your ability to taste properly. Of course, the actual reduction in taste perceived will vary from person to person, since there are genetic and other environmental factors (e.g. smoking, food/flavour profiles experienced/not experienced during the formative years of early childhood) that influence both the number and sensitivity of each individual's taste receptors. Genetic and environmental factors also influence olfaction (smell), which together with flavour, simplistically at least, makes up the sense we know as taste.

(Apologies in advance that I'm not quoting a reliable scientific source for this information, but just sharing some of the concepts I've somehow managed to retain since my undergraduate classes in human anatomy and physiology. Apologies also that this post, lengthy as it is, is off topic for this thread.)

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
Wow, alot of good stuff lately. I've been reverting to lurker mode every since I left my old job. With no one to take photos I might just grab one of those tripods @Roycru recommended a while back.

Quick indoor shot. Apologies for cantaloupe quality. Cocktail party tonight for all the STEM majors on campus.

IMG_3509.JPG

IMG_3516.JPG IMG_3520.JPG

Hal

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mild but rainy today in NYC - time for a raincoat and a cheap suit.

Suit - Joseph A. Bank
Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Pocket square - vintage, no name brand
Shoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf Goodman
Raincoat - Burberry
Hat - Weatherproof
Scarf - Turnbull & Asser

IMG_7184.JPG

IMG_7179.JPG
IMG_7180.JPG
IMG_7181.JPG
IMG_7182.JPG
IMG_7183.JPG

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
To add to the post by @Coxsackie, aficionados almost always recommend adding at least a little water to serve whisky. Some whiskies are so robust that their full flavour profile may even be best appreciated by adding a large proportion of water. Adding water to make up as much as a third of the total volume served is not unheard of.

I'm personally fond of Islay single malts, and it's my preference to add about 20 mL (2/3 oz) of water per 60 mL (2 oz) serve of whisky for the cask strength varieties. These whiskies are produced with a mind that they'll be diluted to the consumers preference at serving, as opposed to those whiskies that are bottled with a proportion of water based on the distiller's preference. For those who enjoy a robust dram with loads of mouth-filling (and nose-fillling!) alcohol heat, the option of no dilution is also catered for.

In regard the addition of ice to whisky, I'm against it. Adding ice achieves dilution, but it also serves to numb the tongue, and hence the ability of the taste receptors to provide the maximum gustatory feedback of which they're otherwise capable. In short, ice substantially reduces your ability to taste properly. Of course, the actual reduction in taste perceived will vary from person to person, since there are genetic and other environmental factors (e.g. smoking, food/flavour profiles experienced/not experienced during the formative years of early childhood) that influence both the number and sensitivity of each individual's taste receptors. Genetic and environmental factors also influence olfaction (smell), which together with flavour, simplistically at least, makes up the sense we know as taste.

(Apologies in advance that I'm not quoting a reliable scientific source for this information, but just sharing some of the concepts I've somehow managed to retain since my undergraduate classes in human anatomy and physiology. Apologies also that this post, lengthy as it is, is off topic for this thread.)

I Enjoy mine with Coke Zero. and rocks. not ice.

prefer really strong, peaty flavors. to still be in control in the drink. 50/50 mix.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, mate - and I agree.

@Mr Knightley Nice outfit, but I think different trousers would be better. Yellow corduroy?
Thank you sir.

Yes, I think cords do work slightly better with the tweed but I was popping into the office and judged that flannel (especially with the rather sudden shirt and tie) would be more suited to the occasion!

Have a good trip. A buying spree?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads