• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poszetka

Reaction score
Wool challis with denim and tweed

IMG_1899.JPG

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
colors? what colors?

D29cvIX.jpg

fCbJacT.jpg

1940's DB suit, custom shirt, and 30's tie (stained by a squib on some unknown production)

I just love horizontal peaks with a fishmouth.
This is great and you make it work today (as usual). The vintage cut is just so well balanced, I hope fashion swings back to something similar. Big fan of horizontal peaks although I prefer them pointing a tad higher to line up with the shoulder seam.

SprezzaTrash

Reaction score
This is great and you make it work today (as usual). The vintage cut is just so well balanced, I hope fashion swings back to something similar. Big fan of horizontal peaks although I prefer them pointing a tad higher to line up with the shoulder seam.

Thank you! I definitely hope so, though I could go without the shoulder pads.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i want to like that fit.

i like what you were aiming for.

but the fit was off. you are getting closer.

+ points for setting.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but you need to learn how to crawl before you try to run. You seem young and full of Geist, but you are not really in a position where you can judge good fits.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
older than you, and been crawling, walking, and running longer than you homeboy.
Then with age should come a sense of gentility perhaps? Save the raging against the dying of the light for later. :nest:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen. I'm still trying to cope with the number, but, so far, all systems are still functional, so I must be doing something right.

Happy Natal Day.
I recall a teacher once saying: "I am certain only about two dates. 1492 and the other, I'd rather forget.
You always look terrific!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Then what was all that "my generation" **** about earlier?

I doubt EFV is even 30 yet. and yes, i am old enough to have grey hair and a dadbod. (honestly speaking)
i'm not about to grow a neckbeard, rock nut hugging jeans and Clarks desert boots. for thumbs.

My Generation? remembers when Busta rhymes was skinny, when Michael Jordan sucked at Baseball. when a dude my age hit the scene. some stunt named Eminem. our Generation shaped the current.

guys like Crusty? i respect . CM should be. "Dress your Generation". because while crust and me are at opposing ends of the scale?
nothing but respect. for repping his gen. he isn't pretending a movie he never saw at the cinema.

and i'm not pretending to wear what we wore in the 90's. hipsters be hyped on the tight jeans, now hyped on the 90's swag.
well **** them. and their arts major. and their Barista. and their political opinions. ******* prius drivers........

I have been wearing it since the 90's. in the trad fashion.still wearing daily.

I rep my gen, the guys who gave you the culture you now cling to. when wearing jeans and a down jacket you were still a gentleman. Classic Manswear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads