• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest: I'm on the verge of giving up altogether on posting my stuff. In my own line of work, the golden, golden rule is: if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Why oh why did they change the platform? It was fine as it was.

\rant

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest: I'm on the verge of giving up altogether on posting my stuff. In my own line of work, the golden, golden rule is: if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Why oh why did they change the platform? It was fine as it was.

\rant
Because millenials apparently want things to be flat design and responsive.

On topic: http://idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm

I've also resisted posting, especially since the new platform does not actually register edits (I'm guessing thanks to a lovely NoSQL backend, because RDBMSes are so 1990s). The new designer seems to be a visual, rather than UX guy.

I would love to know the % activity drop post change. All the threads have gotten quiet.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

\rant
Fok indicated the previous platform was about to disappear.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a glorious day today and dressed up accordingly!

tumblr_opompiGReB1s5fve2o4_540.jpg
tumblr_opompiGReB1s5fve2o1_540.jpg
tumblr_opompiGReB1s5fve2o2_540.jpg
tumblr_opompiGReB1s5fve2o3_540.jpg
tumblr_opompiGReB1s5fve2o5_540.jpg

Suit - P Johnson (Caccioppoli fabric)

Vest - Man 1924

Shirt - Borrelli

Tie - Drake’s

Square - Drake’s

Socks - Berg & Berg

Shoes - Crockett and Jones Guildford

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's attire has an element of incongruity to it, matching today's weather - a very cold day for mid-May. Today's tie, a present from Bernoulli, is linen, worn with wool gabardine and flannel - seasonally incorrect, but the color and texture work for me.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - BB
PS - Vintage Christian Dior
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Canali
Hat - Selentino

Please note that great minds think alike - Coxsackie and I are wearing the same shoes.

IMG_4184 (753x1280).jpg

IMG_4179 (1138x1280).jpg
IMG_4181 (891x1280).jpg
IMG_4182 (779x1280).jpg
IMG_4183 (529x1280).jpg

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because millenials apparently want things to be flat design and responsive.

On topic: http://idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm

I've also resisted posting, especially since the new platform does not actually register edits (I'm guessing thanks to a lovely NoSQL backend, because RDBMSes are so 1990s). The new designer seems to be a visual, rather than UX guy.

I would love to know the % activity drop post change. All the threads have gotten quiet.

I've not been posting in this thread in large part due to the fact that I don't have the time to even read it since it can take more than five minutes to load a page. I do my best to stop by on occasion and award some thumbs, but those occasions are becoming increasing rare for that reason.

Cheers,

Ac

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Obama smile point.jpg

For both of these posts, I added an image to my post, cut it, then pasted it elsewhere in the post. First was with the MORE OPTIONS... editor, and this one with the default.

Both worked as expected. If you are looking for an image URL to cut and paste, I'm not sure that's an option anymore.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Captain look (four stripes) one step beyond the Commander look (three stripes).

P1090566 2.jpg

Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece chalk stripe suit (that I got in 1970), awning stripe PPBD shirt, regimental stripe tie (also from around 1970), and pocket square, Rugby Ralph Lauren striped socks, and Allen-Edmonds MTO (rubber soles) Rutledges, all of which looks rather tame compared to the suit, shirt, and shoes in Gucci's window.

A Piece-Of-A-Person (with tea and toast at Laduree) picture.

P1090572 2.jpg

On a related subject, there may be a scientific reason why some people don't like stripes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...y-trigger-migraines-seizures-warn-scientists/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads