• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mcobinad - one of my favorite of your fits - I really, really like it. Orange and blue looks great on you. To be honest, I do not always give you thumbs - sometimes your fits can be a bit on the tight spectrum for me (I am stingy with thumbs, probably not my best characteristic) (with that said, any pics with your family gets a thumb from me - your kids are awesome). Thank you for sharing all these pictures of Lisbon, and of the MTM - very good reading.

Also, where are you getting your MTM from?

Last edited:

mcobinad

Reaction score

mcobinad - one of my favorite of your fits - I really, really like it. Orange and blue looks great on you. To be honest, I do not always give you thumbs - sometimes your fits can be a bit on the tight spectrum for me (I am stingy with thumbs, probably not my best characteristic) (with that said, any pics with your family gets a thumb from me - your kids are awesome). Thank you for sharing all these pictures of Lisbon, and of the MTM - very good reading.

Also, where are you getting your MTM from?

Hi Newcomer,

Thanks for the compliment. I can understand where you are coming from in relation to thumbs hahaha. That said, I am making my suits/sports jackets/shirts from an English artisanal tailoring company that moved production to Portugal (formerly based few streets away from Savile row). All suits are made (hand finished on certain areas) to a high level of dexterity employing as minimum half/fully canvas construction method :)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Would love to hear about your experiences, perhaps in a separate thread. Always nice to learn about new companies, especially ones that are putting out a quality product. Difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff nowadays.

mcobinad

Reaction score

Very cool! Would love to hear about your experiences, perhaps in a separate thread.

I will certainly report of my experiences (good/bad) here when all is said and done. So far they have proved beyond reasonable doubt (customer positive reviews) that they are a company of strong repute. Thus far, customer service from start to finish has been impeccable. These guys certainly know how to look after their clients. For me, this is primordial :)

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulder season--tie and trousers say spring, jacket says it's still winter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am frantically working on the transition, and have slated a few WAYWT images for the "header" image. In the new system, we will change this out more often, so make sure to stay tuned to the classic menswear forum (and streetwear and denim forum as well) to see who might be on the header!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoulder season--tie and trousers say spring, jacket says it's still winter.
i think this is the best jacket silhouette i've seen of yours. it *may* be the higher buttoning point. but for some reason, it strikes me as better than any other jacket i've seen you post, as far as the silhouette and how it flatters your upper body shape. so, looks good my friend. :slayer:

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today just POAPs. Did the navy trousers work? Might be hard to tell without a full shot...

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Moss--this is my only jacket with rounded quarters, which elongates my silhouette. As a short guy, that can be flattering--maybe that's what you're seeing?

i think this is the best jacket silhouette i've seen of yours.

it *may* be the higher buttoning point. but for some reason, it strikes me as better than any other jacket i've seen you post, as far as the silhouette and how it flatters your upper body shape.

so, looks good my friend. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads