• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If not planned yet may I humbly recommend a day trip to Cascais, only a short but beautiful train ride away yet another world from Lisbon's busy streets. Fortaleza do Guincho for a special meal, for which you are already appropriately dressed.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If not planned yet may I humbly recommend a day trip to Cascais, only a short but beautiful train ride away yet another world from Lisbon's busy streets. Fortaleza do Guincho for a special meal, for which you are already appropriately dressed.

Let me recommend also Sintra, another short and inexpensive train trip to a beautiful (if very vertical - lots of hills - leave the high heels at home) area, with several tourist sights to see (Sintra Palace and Palacio Pena, and the Castel del Moro).

In town, for restaurants, I can recommend Lisboeta, in the pousada in the Praca de Comercio in the very heart of Lisbon, and Cem Maneiras, in the Bairro Alto.

mcobinad

Reaction score

Sounds like a plan. I'm here for professional reasons (3 days only). Managed to squeeze out a day for a tour of the city with my wife. I would be back again to this lovely country and only on this occasion would I consider your fantastic recommendation. I can only content myself with a traditional Portuguese restaurant few yards away from our apartment. Few pictures attached herein. Thanks again for your valuable input :)

https://flic.kr/p/TAVvU2 https://www.flickr.com/photos/48440989@N02/
https://flic.kr/p/SyxPh4 https://www.flickr.com/photos/48440989@N02/

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some great posts lately.

I went with bow tie today, something I don't do that often. Got inspired by a really well dressed elderly man I saw walking down our street the other day:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spring attire. Hopsack, oxford, grenadine, linen, chinos and suede.
Jacket: Canali
Shirt: Drake's
Tie: Vanda
PS: Finamore
Pants: Brioni
Shoes: Mano
Shades: Dunhill

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cem Maneiras, in the Bairro Alto.

The best meal I had in Portugal (and one of the best in my life, perhaps) was at 100 Maneiras, although back then it was in Cascais. I never dared try the Lisbon relocation in fear it would have declined, plus the view on the sea from the terrace was part of the experience. I'm glad it is still going strong.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The best meal I had in Portugal (and one of the best in my life, perhaps) was at 100 Maneiras, although back then it was in Cascais. I never dared try the Lisbon relocation in fear it would have declined, plus the view on the sea from the terrace was part of the experience. I'm glad it is still going strong.

No fear, the restaurant's food is still excellent, the room intimate, the service friendly, even if the walk up from the Avenida do Liberador was like walking a cliff (and my husband and I did it in a downpour in February, and the funicular on the street we climbed up was non-functional).

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After having a biopsy (which is why there is a pressure bandage on my forehead) but before going an event at a restaurant later in the evening.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink OCBD shirt, BB#1 stripe tie, and cotton sweater vest, Thomas Pink pocket square, Lands' End trousers, Gold Toe argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds calf and shark saddle shoes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhargav1505