• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, see, I'm just the opposite as I grew up outside of Philly (undergrad in Philly) and as you know, hiphop was the only genre at the time actually making real music. The early 90's were kind of devoid of creativity (removing the outliers like Nirvana) and I felt like the east coast was really representing with Big, Jay, and the Wu. Not to say that the west coast was sitting on its hands! Without derailing this thread too much...what I'm trying to say is, I respect it man. I thought this community was...well nevermind - I'm glad you changed my perspective.
Totally agree. My school buddies were all rocking out to like Green Day (not that there's anything wrong with that) at the time lol. Thankfully the dudes I played rec ball with had Dre and 2pac going. Once I got All Eyez On Me (at the ripe age of 9 haha), there was no looking back.

Though, admittedly, I've managed to branch out to different genres over the years given the proliferation of less than optimally skilled artists over the past 8 or so years. It's gotten to the point where my discussing today's hip hop is like my parents discussing the hip hop of my youth...though maybe I'm just no longer one of the cool kids!

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@muddy250
I got on very well, and commisioned a DB in POW from Hardy Minnis.
MTM III they call it; the suit is half finished abroad, and after fiting completed by hand in the EC-workshop in Cumbria.
A rather small shop, though.
Didn't get to see Tom Mahon this time, but spoke to the nice mr Karl Matthew with 15 years experience from Anderson & Sheppard. I believe this will end good.

Here's the fabric:

Also commisioned a suit fra Whitcomb & Shaftesbury. I notised the fabric I liked was running low, and had to grab the chance when I could.

muddy250

Reaction score
@muddy250
I got on very well, and commisioned a DB in POW from Hardy Minnis.
MTM III they call it; the suit is half finished abroad, and after fiting completed by hand in the EC-workshop in Cumbria.
A rather small shop, though.
Didn't get to see Tom Mahon this time, but spoke to the nice mr Karl Matthew with 15 years experience from Anderson & Sheppard. I believe this will end good.

Here's the fabric:

Also commisioned a suit fra Whitcomb & Shaftesbury. I notised the fabric I liked was running low, and had to grab the chance when I could.
That looks very nice indeed, look forward to seeing it made up. I have too few pieces being new to this and am always torn as to what to go for like a child in a sweetshop. It'll take a while but I'll gradually build things up. Meantime I fall for everything I see!

Looks like the kind of thing I'm wanting for a sport coat. By the way, I live in the textile belt of Yorkshire as it were, Minnis is around 10 miles away. Coincidentally I had some flannel trousers made up locally this week and instead of choosing from a swatch I was taken to Dugdales to see the fabric (mid grey 11oz super 120's) on the bolt. Nice experience :)

Last edited:

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scandinavian independence and stubbornness. Maybe not so diplomatic, but on the other side it's a cap and not a tie.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smile.gif

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SFF:
SM shirt
R.Culturi square

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
Ignore those who tell you to shorten the jacket. It is not too long. It looks about right, frankly.

Good advice sir! I will take note of that, thank you.

@sebastian mcfox Sir, I just have to ask. How do you fold your pocket squares so perfectly?? Especially your puff folds! Simply exquisite.

Today;

[ Have not worn this suit in a while--another suit that I rarely wear due to it being my only heavy-weight suit. This was my first 3 piece suit and the first suit that I used to post in this forum a couple months back. I was very happy to be able to wear it again today. ]

Thank you,

Hal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads