• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trungnq

Reaction score
Good day gents

Please excuse the sloppiness of my tie knot, I put on the jacket just to see whether I can make any improvement on the new jacket that is being made.

Feel free to rate the jacket, I want to hear your opinions.

My opinion: Sleeves are a bit long, 0.5 cm shorter should do the work.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb. Could be even better with a plain white or light-blue shirt.

Thanks. But why do you think it would be better with a plain shirt? The only pattern in the fit is the light blue check, the only texture top speak of is in the tie. I'm curious.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. But why do you think it would be better with a plain shirt? The only pattern in the fit is the light blue check, the only texture top speak of is in the tie. I'm curious.

I like the shirt. Dresses the look down a bit in my estimation. Couldn't go WRONG either way in my book, but, as someone who almost exclusively opts for solids, I prefer the fit the way you did it
1f44d.png

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shirt also bothered me slightly, maybe it's because it's the only patterned item and thus draws too much attention? Also I think it might be a bit too dark, I think I would have gone with a plain white oxford.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a day of rain and threatening skies, it's still overcast, but dry, so I've venturing out in a suit again. Caldendrically, it's still summer, until tomorrow, which is good, as it will be rather warm today, and I've chosen a summer weight suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Lewin
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
Good day gentlemen,

I don't know why, but mixed 3 pieces are always hard to pull off (in my case..I could never get anything to work), but this one turned out quite nice. I really like the colour combo on this one. I wanted a more country feel I suppose? Accessories are gold and shoes are burgundy wingtip boots that could really use a good shine..

Bonus photos:

Texture and footwear:

With many thanks,

Hal

SprezzaTrash

Reaction score
Got back from SF a few days ago, and here's what I wore! This and (another outfit) will be on the casual side.

I was really going for a casual, city 1960s ivy vibe with this, down to the white socks and black loafers. I had seen North by Northwest a few days prior, so the look was fresh!

Loving the collar roll on this custom shirt. If you guys are interested in hearing about the trip, along with my friend's outfits and our vintage pick ups, you can check it out on my blog!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket & Trousers: Hemrajani
Waistcoat: Steed
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie: Sam Hober
Square: Hermès
Shoes: Edward Green
Hat: Brent Black

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads