• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At a recent function, where I met my old manager and mentor:

Charles Tyrwhitt shirt, Trenery sport coat, Tailor Store chinos (Shanghai Tianzi monk soes unseen).

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get a lot of use out of these Brooks Brothers linen pants. Seems like a good match to the gray glen plaid sport coat.

Could work. I actually have blue linen pants but in a darker navy. Maybe that lighter shade is more versatile.

blekit

Reaction score
Today.

d77a3c9dea65355185ce4af19b57ba5a.jpg

* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* madder tie and linen ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Shoepassion

51a83ca48aa6b890ca07c313b1936439.jpg

8f4e147094b934706a2164a8bd332b45.jpg

3fb4344ea5db6f69a701592c7fbcab8e.jpg

Couldn't think of a good ps match, so I went with plain old good white linen. Also, the shirt will probably be qualified as casual piece, the collar does not work with jackets.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a good ps match, so I went with plain old good white linen. Also, the shirt will probably be qualified as casual piece, the collar does not work with jackets.

Puffed with this, imo. You're wearing a neat with an SC
uhoh.gif
That shirt doesn't take a tie or jacket.

^^^ Am I correct in assuming that is a linen jacket and wool trousers? The two fabrics don't look right together.

This. I like your style DT, but the trousers bother me. The only SC less cooperative than that grey/taupe jacket is the same color in a solid.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TGIF, gentlemen.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft. London
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - PRL
Cufflinks - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - C & J

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My only true 3-button suit. Also wearing AE Strands in Walnut with matching belt.

Suit: Belvest wool-linen blend
Tie: Tom James
Shirt; Ledbury
PS: BB

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This.  I like your style DT, but the trousers bother me. The only SC less cooperative than that  grey/taupe jacket is the same color in a solid. 
[/quote]

The pictures do not make the colours full justice. The pants are taupe and the jacket is more beige than grey. I thought it would work but agree that it's not ideal, especially the mix in fabrics that CM noted. It was mostly an excuse to wear new pants...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads