• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust I'm sure someone on this forum said loafers (most likely, they meant black loafers) with suits are quite acceptable in the City of London, and other banking circles.

These look fine, especially with the expert matching of the rest of your ensemble.

These would be more than acceptable in the City of London, in fact I have not spotted anyone as well dressed in the City for years!

This is a golden compliment for me. I find myself gravitating more and more to relaxed Italian style, perfectly suited as it is to the Sydney climate.

I wouldn't actually ponce around with a camel overcoat draped loosely over my shoulders, peccary gloves tucked carelessly into its breast pocket. But it's fun to ham things up for SF.

@Coxsackie I love this look and the colours especially.

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Small companies are never going to make you a billion dollars, but they can provide a decent living. It's like playing decent poker at a low stakes table. Really, it's about making good consistent bets and not taking too many unnecessary chances.

Big guys though, there is no middle ground. You are all in much of the time. A single mistake (like Microsoft and dismissing mobile early on), and you are playing from a big deficit. Running or owning own of those companies would be insanely stressful, and is only for very specific personalities.

This is interesting stuff; for all the content that gets post on styleforum, there's rarely any discussion about styleforum as a platform. You should write some of this up at some point, about your experiences running the forum, the backend legwork etc etc.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of railroad tracks today

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday in the office and out and about but feeling a bit flat as these are the last days I shall be spending in the building, which is scheduled for re-development. It's rather tatty of course, but has a nice leafy aspect. New (to me) John Comfort tie helped a bit...

More:

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Not known on the Forum for my sartorial tailored side but aside from Streetwear I find comfort in this aspect of my wardrobe. #Samuelsohn #DrinkwatersxIndividualizedshirt #Seward&Stearn #Hiltl #Alden #OmegaSeamaster #oddpocketsquare

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Empire Biscuit and I showing the importance of coordinating one's accessories with one's cookies. Shortly after this picture was taken, I (in 21st Century Speak) deleted this cookie.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, wide stripe PPBD shirt, and white Irish linen pocket square, J Press red tie with little blue lions rampant, and (not shown in this picture) Orvis tan trousers and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks.

On the off chance everyone isn't tired of seeing the same old Orvis tan trousers and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks in many of my pictures, here they are again, along with the LEGO-like yellow rubber station platform edge and one (of two) rails along with some rail anchors.

Extra Added Attraction-While on the other side of the local version of Checkpoint Charlie and in the local version of the Eastern Zone, walked past a shop possibly named after some of those who post bizarre and/or adversarial comments (often without ever posting pictures of themselves).

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Am I correct in assuming that is a linen jacket and wool trousers? The two fabrics don't look right together.

Yes. Linen blend jacket but still. Agree that there is not perfect harmony between the fabrics. Tried with grey chinos first but that came off as too casual. Strange thing pants. I have loads of them but rarely the ones I need.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Linen blend jacket but still. Agree that there is not perfect harmony between the fabrics. Tried with grey chinos first but that came off as too casual. Strange thing pants. I have loads of them but rarely the ones I need.
I get a lot of use out of these Brooks Brothers linen pants. Seems like a good match to the gray glen plaid sport coat.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33