• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy blue and red today

Suit: Bespoke Steed from London Lounge navy PoW Brisa
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie: Sam Hober
Square: Drake's
Shoes: Edward Green

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57 the tie isn't for me (paisley design, red is fine) but everything else is so perfect it still makes for an exceptional look.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
@cjmichaelray yep

luv2breformed

Reaction score
I apologize for the really harsh lighting in today's shots.

I attempted taupe trousers today. I found them kind of tough to work with. In hindsight I feel that perhaps tobacco suede shoes would maybe have been a better choice, although I was hoping the socks would liven up the bottom block a bit.

I was previously critiqued for using too many patterns with this jacket. It appears I did not heed the advice. However, one reference to that criticism was the green overcheck, so I wore a green tie to balance it. This time I also made sure the shirt was a much less saturated stripe. Not sure if it helped.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this might not be the proper thread for this question, but since this is where I usually post and my question is related to a subject that comes up here regularly, I would like to ask the members for some advice.

I made a rare grail find in a second hand shop here in Geneva recently. A bespoke Loro Piana suit in one of their super 180s fabrics. Made by the bespoke service Loro Piana offers here (they have a store in Geneva). It is a little wrinkly but apart from that in excellent condition. Judging from the suit the man it was made for was taller than me. I am going to make a few obvious alterations (shorten legs and arms) but my question for the forum is this: should I shorten the jacket as well? It is certainly longish, but I'm not sure it is worth it since I risk messing up the proportions.

Views?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Gerry Nelson , really nice monochrome look.

I also have that same @Henry Carter tie - note to self - must wear it more often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads