• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SYCSYC

Reaction score
I'm wearing today a forest green knit tie from Shibumi for the FC, with one of two bespoke pinstripe suits I got from the same seller on Ebay for a total amount of 80€, transportation included!
Suits have been made by a tailor called SALTS, if anyone knows about it, and the cloth is from Holland and Sherry.

I spent 70€ of alterations per suit to narrow torso, arms and legs a little.

Any comments are welcomed!

Last edited:

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

I'm wearing today a forest green knit tie from Shibumi for the TC, with one of two bespoke pinstripe suits I got from the same seller on Ebay for a total amount of 80€, transportation included!
Suits have been made by a tailor called SALTS, if anyone knows about it, and the cloth is from Holland and Sherry. 

I spent 70€ of alterations per suit to narrow arms and legs a little.

Fit problems aside--almost inevitable with eBay purchases--that is a good ensemble. To kick it up a bit, I'd try a shirt with a green graph paper check on a white ground, like what Claghorn wore a couple of days ago. Or play around with solid shirts in shades of lavender, lilac, and pink, and see which best complements the coat andtie.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fit problems aside--almost inevitable with eBay purchases--that is a good ensemble. To kick it up a bit, I'd try a shirt with a green graph paper check on a white ground, like what Claghorn wore a couple of days ago. Or play around with solid shirts in shades of lavender, lilac, and pink, and see which best complements the coat andtie.

With the same tie? Green on green is quite tricky imo. A white/light pink striped shirt would be perfect with this suit and tie though. Also, one could argue that the tie is too informal for the suit and while that's certainly true, I think this is breaking the rules in a good way.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
@ComfortablyDumb Good stuff, thumbed for the top block!
nod[1].gif

Thanks very much!

I was loving this (well, the square's not ideal, and I wouldn't know what to do with a non-plaid grey SC, but apart from that ..) until I scrolled down.

Box check trousers make u look like a character in 'Gangs of New York'- only thing missing is a Shelagligh.
Top proportions are great.
satisfied.gif

edit: I see CMs made a similar comment, but it's worth repeating imo

My shillelagh was just out of frame...
Jokes aside, I'm still learning about what trousers to pair with odd jackets. I didn't realize navy was such a shunned colour for odd trousers but it makes sense. The box check thing I understand as well. Might I ask for general recommendations for odd trousers? I don't have too many at the moment.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

With the same tie? Green on green is quite tricky imo. A white/light pink striped shirt would be perfect with this suit and tie though..

It's definitely not the easiest pairing, but having the tie's ground color be a dark shade of a secondary color in the shirt looks smashing when done right. I was thinking something in between this, which is a bit off because of scale problems and the strength of the green in the check:

and this, which is good because the green in the check is pale; but the scale of the check would be too similar to the scale of the stripe on SYC's coat:

Agreed on light pink shirt.

Last edited:

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing today a forest green knit tie from Shibumi for the FC, with one of two bespoke pinstripe suits I got from the same seller on Ebay for a total amount of 80€, transportation included!

I spent 70€ of alterations per suit to narrow torso, arms and legs a little.

Hey, I know that watch! Seiko SPC087, right?

Not often do I see it in the wild! I have the same watch, it was a gift from my wife. Reminds me I should wear it more often!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads