• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
Monday :cloud:

Boglioli Cashmere // Isaia

Last edited:

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
My apologies, I wanted to snap a picture really quick before I got too tied up.

Didn't check myself...

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, sir, for bringing the shoe game. Great!

Mr Venneri, I....don't know what to make of your outfit....unless you are a villain in Gotham.

Santoni
Bresciani socks

20151123_112416-Edit_zpsvwvjgrgz.png

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a fantastic autumn winter arrived in Geneva. Borderline SW&D.

Coat: Paul Smith
Jacket: Bladen MTM
Shirt: Isaia
Tie: Borrelli
Pants: Oscar Jacobson
Paperboy cap: Mayser
Boots: Red Wings
Sunglasses: Garrett Leight

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40e2d9d74c243d21960fe1c0f65b5fe9.jpg

Please excuse my tacky bathroom picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your bathroom picture is excused.

Your choices today are not.

The shirt is a poor choice on multiple levels. It is not appropriate for a very conservative suit, or for any suit at all. More importantly, it is very poorly fitting in particular collar is way too large. Lastly, french cuffs are too formal for the color of the shirt.

The tie is not appropriate for a conservative suit and the mint-green against the pink has left my stomach unsettled. Furthermore, your pocket square is too matchy-matchy next to the color of your tie and appears very contrived.

The suit could be better fitting. The lapels do not meet with the points of your spread collar...the shoulders look off but this could be your pose (though I highly suspect that it is not your pose). Also, the jacket appears too long, again this might be the camera angle.

Disclaimer: Given that you are new here you will probably be grossly offended by my criticisms and tell me to shut the **** up or something even worse. But, I assure you that my comments are entirely constructive. None of this is aimed as an attack on you or your wardrobe, but rather pointing out what needs work so that you may improve going forward.

Have a very nice day!

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your bathroom picture is excused.

Your choices today are not.

The shirt is a poor choice on multiple levels. It is not appropriate for a very conservative suit, or for any suit at all. More importantly, it is very poorly fitting in particular collar is way too large. Lastly, french cuffs are too formal for the color of the shirt.

The tie is not appropriate for a conservative suit and the mint-green against the pink has left my stomach unsettled. Furthermore, your pocket square is too matchy-matchy next to the color of your tie and appears very contrived.

The suit could be better fitting. The lapels do not meet with the points of your spread collar...the shoulders look off but this could be your pose (though I highly suspect that it is not your pose). Also, the jacket appears too long, again this might be the camera angle.

Disclaimer: Given that you are new here you will probably be grossly offended by my criticisms and tell me to shut the **** up or something even worse. But, I assure you that my comments are entirely constructive. None of this is aimed as an attack on you or your wardrobe, but rather pointing out what needs work so that you may improve going forward.

Have a very nice day!

Quite the contrary! I truly appreciate your concise, yet well supported constructive criticism. Additionally, the eloquence in how it was delivered made your points far more palatable and much less abrasive.

I agree with most of what you've outlined...That collar is far too large, the shirt was made when I was about 20lbs heavier and thus has become rather ill fitting. (I still like the color however!)

I am admittedly a matchy-matchy type of person...I always match my shoes to belt and socks to my shirt. If you hate this, you should be me at the gym...

And yes the tie...eh...well...It was the product of my friends company and we were attending a benefit that he was sponsoring.

Overall, I respect your perspective and thank you for the advice!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say, as a fellow pink lover, try for a less saturated, paler pink on your next shirt.

I don't know if PCK meant to say that pink (regardless of hue) has no place being a french cuff shirt, but, if that's the case, I'd wholeheartedly recommend striking that suggestion off the "take under advisement" list. Everything else, as Bania might say, is gold...gold!

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am admittedly a matchy-matchy type of person...I always match my shoes to belt and socks to my shirt. If you hate this, you should be me at the gym...
The real sin is doing a hank in the same ground color as the tie. I mean, maybe not if they're both navy or something, but if they're both the color of Cinderella's dress it gets to be a bit much.

PRL/Woolovers/Lands' End/Grenson (for Cole Haan)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads