• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
I agree Fox - Cuban heels are underrated especially for the rock dog/sticky floor pub gig look - screwed soles also make them just that bit sleeker as well. The one you linked to is actually a "block heel" a bit lower than their true Cuban heels e.g.:

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/santa-fe/Santa_Fe.html?dwvar_Santa__Fe_color=02#start=1

You are correct, that block heel is lower and less swept in than what many consider Cuban heels. Though, in my defense, the actual boots most civilians consider to be "Cuban heels" vary all the way from outrageous witchy-toed zip boots to unremarkable standard Chelseas. What all the high-heeled models seem to have in common is that they seem to be made of factory-reject Naugahyde scraps.

The upswept toe and toe-stitching on the Santa Fe makes me consider it a riff on a cowboy boot. If I saw it with the trouser cuff over it, I'd call it a cowboy boot.

My ideal may be a little off, but it's an ill-defined target to be shooting at. Maybe it's better to say it is a well-made Cubanesque heeloid that would be great for that Blow-Up look, without looking like you get your plastic shoes from Ye Olde Goth Shoppe.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some snaps.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks always to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves and to those who like my pictures.

Unfortunate changes in demographics have led to all sorts of horrid things being built all over town. The Monument To Municipal Megalomania (which is a block from the actual border and puts the people of Shirley Place into No Man's Land) is a recent example.

This morning I discovered what it's good for. You can sit there and wave at people as they arrive in town. Maybe if I have a long white beard when I am old, I can sit there and greet people as they arrive, like the old man with the long white beard who used to greet people as they arrived in Laguna Beach CA. I also discovered that it's very hot sitting there when the temperature is over 90F.

Brooks Brothers cotton suit, ecru PPBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Jim Thompson pocket square, Gold Toe argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds khaki grain McTavishes.......

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome UC. Beautiful. Who made the suit??

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Claghorn, I'll pile on--that looks great.

I had a rare chance to dress up the other day. RL Black Label suit, Kent Wang shirt, Paul Stuart tie, RL square

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice. You wear the suit, rather than the contrary. If that makes sense. I think if I had that suit, in that fabric, I would not look as effortlessly comfortable.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, first WAYWRN post. Let me have it.

Please excuse the rumpled linen as well as the drought/gopher plagued lawn.

I like it quite a lot, and there's never any need to excuse rumpled linen, but I think I would bring the pants up.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed--the pants look to be both a bit low on your waist and a bit long in general, but the combination and the fit of your other items is very good for a first post. Keep 'em coming!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely filthy @UrbanComposition . Excellent fit (duh), and love seeing the full tweed suit...hankie looks to be a gem as well!

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Koala-T, @heldentenor, thank you sirs. In retrospect I agree on the pants. Though I think they may just have sagged over the course of the morning.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777