• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well deserved, I'd say. Can you please tell us more about that suit?
Sure. It's actually my least expensive suit at a whopping $399, it's a Napoli from Suitsupply. And if anyone is wondering, the shirt is from Kamakura, black grenadine tie from Chipp Neckwear and the shoes are Meermin MTO.

MrChris

Reaction score
Birthday dinner yesterday

Adding another er view to display a more proper shot of the 21 cm leg opening

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday @MrChris!
What's the leg opening on your trousers? They look seriously narrow!

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy bday Mr C.!

Adding more navy suit + white shirt love to this page. And I feel like I really and truly should hate this tie, it's a stupid pattern and red on navy is heresy from a graphic design perspective, but I dig it. It's a flimsy lining on equally flimsy silk so the knot is never the best.

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig the tie too. I have a white and red on Navy semi-similar to the above. Looks like a great, seasonally appropriate tie to me. Did I miss the SF memo that this style & color is non-approved?

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dig the tie too.  I have a white and red on Navy semi-similar to the above.  Looks like a great, seasonally appropriate tie to me.  Did I miss the SF memo that this style & color is non-approved?

The SF Memo Department releases an average of 350 memos per day. Of those: 212 contradict previous memos, 56 are written in broken English or a mix of words, emojis, and coffee stains, 103 make unverifiable claims to the preferences of Manton, Foo, or Vox, and 0 of them have an executive signature attached. So don't worry if you missed this one, which was only written on a post-it note anyway.

I just think by objective standards the tie doesn't make any sense. But subjectively I find it cool. Kinda like a duck-billed platypus.

I kind of get where you are going with that; the tie has a kind of "generic Marinella" vibe to it, the kind a president/executive could wear without batting an eyelash.

Funny, @GusW said it was an "Italian CEO" look.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads