• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tristanFH

Reaction score
@Pliny that looks really good. Can you actually choose the lapel width with Kent Wang? And do you have to start off with the grey trial suit even if you want an SC only?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A lot of it is luck. Just a hunch, but I think the KW block works best on smaller quite slim guys. You're large with a big drop I think. Seems to happen too with MTM shoes: the sizing up isn't always proportional. Another shot. Gorge looks low because of the position. Slightly open front. The pocket flaps are slightly larger to go wit the lapels.
LL
Yeah, I was told exceeded their parameters for adjustments. An expensive mistake, but I knew the risk when I went in. Glad it worked out for you. Can't be the price for CMT.
I don't think so. Textures of jacket and trousers look decidedly different in the close up pic.
Good eye. Looks like birdseye and twill...maybe the twill isn't the trousers and he's resting against something else? I thought it was great when it was a suit.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Pliny
 that looks really good. Can you actually choose the lapel width with Kent Wang? And do you have to start off with the grey trial suit even if you want an SC only? 

You have 3 lapel width options IIRC. The trial is intended to be sent back so I'm not sure why you wouldn't try it on first. All adjustments are made to the pattern based on the trial fit. So if you just want a jacket, just try on the jacket, take pictures and send it back. You wouldn't know what adjustments to make if you didn't know how it fit.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gotta be the lighting difference...has to be a suit. Nice suit at that.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really?

Unless the two pictures are of different outfits, I'm voting suit.

Gotta be the lighting difference...has to be a suit. Nice suit at that.

In SB's pic it looks like a suit no doubt. But not in the close up...
There's only one person who knows: @GekkoInvest, help us out please! :)
If indeed a suit, then it is a great fit.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In the hands of an angry :foo:

Last edited:

LilacCords

Reaction score
Fair point mate, I got a bit carried away ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads