• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What is with all these guys at Pitti wearing clip on suspenders? When did this get popular again?

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew the square was going to raise some hackles, but I just didn´t feel like white linen today, which I wear nine days out of ten. And as Stitchy wrote, it's too formal for the colourful tie...
I can get wanting to do something a little bolder, but I don't think teal, navy, and orange are great together.

Also, to my way of thinking, if a crisp white shirt with a spread collar is appropriate, then so is a white linen square.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions on how to pair this sportcoat would be welcome. I love the color and pattern, just have never had the inspiration on how to pair it, specifically shirt, tie, and pants.

Not 100% sure, but I think dark brown pants, rust/burnt orange or navy tie, light blue shirt. The pattern seems more fall/winter to me. I'm not sure how to wear it for spring/summer.

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Sunday..wedding in a rural town.. the bride requested that people from her side of the family wear a red (flower) lapel pin..to signify her side of the family.. I dont have a lot of red in my wardrobe save for what I have on so I decided to coordinate it..and I also decided to not dress up in a fully matched suit because I felt it would have been much..I was right.. there was no one in a full suit.. not even the groom or the grooms men.. the most dressed up men had sports coats and chinos (with some clip on ties)..the wedding was at a church and the reception was in a barn (go figure)..

Last edited:

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
From Sunday..wedding in a rural town.. the bride requested that people from her side of the family wear a red (flower) lapel pin..to signify her side of the family.. I dont have a lot of red in my wardrobe save for what I have on so I decided to coordinate it..and I also decided to not dress up in a fully matched suit because I felt it would have been much..I was right.. there was no one in a full suit.. not even the groom or the grooms men.. the most dressed up men had sports coats and chinos (with some clip on ties)..the wedding was at a church and the reception was in a barn (go figure)..

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brought to you by Hello Kitty Airlines
smile.gif

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brought to you by Hello Kitty Airlines :)

Eliod-you pull off the multi-pattern thing better than most. Color, pattern, scale; you make it look effortless. Nice shoulders on the jacket.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eliod crushing it again.

v nice, murl.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A shameless indulgence: Kiton. Easily the most luxurious shirt in my entire wardrobe.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dear Murlsquirrel,
Why wide lapels and not complementarily wide tie?

I have 4-5 of these Calbrese ties and they are all 3.3". Even though I prefer 3.5", it doesn't bother me enough to pass them up. So would it look better with a slightly wider tie and bigger knot? Probably....but I still like the look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads