• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heykal

Reaction score
Friday wear…
  • shoes: Roberto Ley
  • socks: Pedemeia
  • trousers: Scavini
  • suspenders: Albert Thurston
  • shirt: Lanieri
  • sportcoat: Boggi Milano
  • tie: Calabrese 1924
  • scarf: Fumagalli 1891
  • pocket square: Granqvist
  • coat: Suitsupply.
Enjoy your weekend!
IMG_9807 Large.jpeg

IMG_9808 Large.jpeg

IMG_9809 Large.jpeg

IMG_9810 Large.jpeg

IMG_9812 Large.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday wear…
  • shoes: Roberto Ley
  • socks: Pedemeia
  • trousers: Scavini
  • suspenders: Albert Thurston
  • shirt: Lanieri
  • sportcoat: Boggi Milano
  • tie: Calabrese 1924
  • scarf: Fumagalli 1891
  • pocket square: Granqvist
  • coat: Suitsupply.
Enjoy your weekend!
View attachment 2145133
View attachment 2145135
View attachment 2145137
View attachment 2145139
View attachment 2145141

This doesn't work in my eyes, that bright colourful tie clashes with the austere jacket. A burgundy one, in the tone of the scarf, would look much better.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4033.jpeg
IMG_4034.jpeg
IMG_4032.jpeg

It’s the maiden voyage on this pair of Luyang Bespoke shoes (inspired by GG savile) so took a couple more photos!

PS: I feel the need of elevating my tie games, I am honestly notw (edited: OMG, I meant "not very happy" and i wrote "now very happy", I really need to have my coffee before posting) very happy with the tie choice lately, but then I realized I probably need a few more ties 🥶

DSCF7623.jpeg
DSCF7629.jpeg
DSCF7618.jpeg
DSCF7619.jpeg

And a special guest today!
DSCF7620.jpeg
DSCF7621.jpeg

DSCF7622.jpeg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather is sunny and seasonably cool here in NYC, and, in honor of the sunshine, I have decided to engage in that age-old design challenge, i.e. upholstering my age-old carcass in some sartorially pleasing form. Digging through that cabinet of curiosities known as my closet, below illustrates what I've come up with for this afternoon.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - June (a Korean brand - a gift from a friend)
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Septieme Largeur
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Harvie & Hudson, London
Hat - Laird Hatters, London

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when you are out swanning around you encounter a fence and gate that coordinates nicely with what you are wearing.

IMG_6986.jpeg

Brooks Brothers jacket, tie, and pocket square, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Old Navy Argyle sweater vest, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

This is the time of the year the internet is alive with lists of places to go on St. Patrick's Day. Always read these lists although I never go out on St. Patrick's Day.

Saw Auld Fella on some of these online lists. First thing I thought was it was very nice the place was named after me. Second thing I thought was Auld Fella looked like someplace I would like to go. Then I noticed Auld Fella was five blocks from where I live, so I walked up there today.

Had the chicken curry. It was very good and there was a lot of it. Going to try the chicken pot pie the next time I go to Auld Fella. Going to go on a Sunday and try the chicken Sunday Roast.

IMG_6993.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads