• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Valentine’s Day. First outing of this pink cord jacket. I went with gray, charcoal, and black to accompany. I would have worn my cream trousers, but we had a snow storm the previous day and I didn’t want to risk it.

View attachment 2133111
View attachment 2133105
View attachment 2133109
View attachment 2133107
View attachment 2133113
View attachment 2133103

Nice, however I think that this strong pink would look better with beige and browns, providing a softer contrast.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Valentine’s Day. First outing of this pink cord jacket. I went with gray, charcoal, and black to accompany. I would have worn my cream trousers, but we had a snow storm the previous day and I didn’t want to risk it.

View attachment 2133111
View attachment 2133105
View attachment 2133109
View attachment 2133107
View attachment 2133113
View attachment 2133103
Looks more like a watermelon shade of light red than pink on my screen but you did well to follow Syd Mashburn’s advice and have only one ‘lead singer’ 😁

There’s a thread floating round on here about pink odd jackets so you might want to seek that out and cross post. I have a pinkish - purplish linen Bumfreezer blazer which I keep meaning to post pics in that thread next time I wear it.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sold on the idea of black oxfords to that outfit. A derby that would match the buttons on the cardigan would have been better imo. Other than that, lovely outfit.

I was trying to black and pink for Valentine’s Day instead of black and red. I almost wore a black knit tie. This vest was the only shade I had that worked. I wish the buttons weren’t brown. I’m currently on the hunt for a gray cardigan/vest with gray/black buttons.

Looks more like a watermelon shade of light red than pink on my screen but you did well to follow Syd Mashburn’s advice and have only one ‘lead singer’ 😁

There’s a thread floating round on here about pink odd jackets so you might want to seek that out and cross post. I have a pinkish - purplish linen Bumfreezer blazer which I keep meaning to post pics in that thread next time I wear it.

I posted this jacket in that thread when I got it. I have warm light at home which gives a watermelon look to the pink. At school, we have cool fluorescent light. The jacket looks hot pink in that light. I can’t call it.

Nice, however I think that this strong pink would look better with beige and browns, providing a softer contrast.
I agree about the warmer colors, but was trying to do a pink, black combo for Valentine’s Day. I look forward to experimenting with this jacket. I’m thinking green, brown, and cream trousers. Maybe yellow or pastels for spring.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Four patterns. I think this works pretty well. I tried a patterned pocket square, but with the tipped instead.

IMG_7640.jpeg

IMG_7643.jpeg

IMG_7637.jpeg

IMG_7639.jpeg

IMG_7635.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was trying to black and pink for Valentine’s Day instead of black and red. I almost wore a black knit tie. This vest was the only shade I had that worked. I wish the buttons weren’t brown. I’m currently on the hunt for a gray cardigan/vest with gray/black buttons.

I posted this jacket in that thread when I got it. I have warm light at home which gives a watermelon look to the pink. At school, we have cool fluorescent light. The jacket looks hot pink in that light. I can’t call it.

I agree about the warmer colors, but was trying to do a pink, black combo for Valentine’s Day. I look forward to experimenting with this jacket. I’m thinking green, brown, and cream trousers. Maybe yellow or pastels for spring.
I was quite pleased to see the pairing with grays and blacks. The buttons, as noted, are suboptimal, but I think this direction is probably the highest use of the jacket

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another advantage of bow ties. They don't show under your sweater vest.

IMG_6917.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, BB#1 stripe 9/11 Memorial tie, sweater vest, and pocket square, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds wingtip shoes.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another advantage of bow ties. They don't show under your sweater vest.

View attachment 2134005

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, BB#1 stripe 9/11 Memorial tie, sweater vest, and pocket square, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds wingtip shoes.
That this looks a properly pleasant setting is genuinely commendable!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The tie picks up two of the colours of the checks on the jacket, and the sweater picks up the third. Well matched, lovely outfit!
Thank you, well spotted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads