• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blewnote1

Reaction score
at some point i want to get a plaid shirt like that. neat knit tie, too

I'm gonna be honest man, you need to work on your smile. that's what most people would probably see as more an awkward grimace than a smile. I recognize that maybe this is something you might have trouble with on account of being on the autistic spectrum/neurodivergent (i am myself), just trying to help. Also, take a crack at learning how to dimple your tie. It's not much but it adds a lot.

I love those suspenders. And what a windsor! A man after my own heart.

Suit looks great. Not too sure about the hat though...

View attachment 2121037
Back at it with the green DB!
As nice as this suit is it leaves a little to be desired pallette-wise, it almost requires everything else to be a similarly muddy color to go with it, which leaves out a lot of the shirts and ties I've collected.
I'm considering getting a charcoal suit with blue pinstripes as blue shows up a lot in my shirts and ties, but im not enough of a blue fan to get something as overpowering as a solid blue or navy.
before that though I'm gonna walk backwards in formality and get a grey flecked sport coat (I love flecked wool/tweed)and some chinos/jeans/trousers.

Since you say it's not olive, and is much paler, I'm guessing it's more of a lovat green? Here are a few illustrations for inspo... looks like green and gold, tan, light blue, black with purple all could be options.

esq063409-jpg.291633

esq083402-jpg.291648

esq093404-jpg.291660

DougDevious

Reaction score
Nice shirt, I love that big collar.
Thanks, big collars are neat.
For today:
  • shoes: Fratelli Rossetti
  • socks: Pedemeia
  • trousers: Scavini
  • shirt: Apposta (the shirt collar fits better: it's the selfie pose)
  • tie, pocket square and scarf: Fumagalli 1891
  • jacket and coat: Suitsupply.
Enjoy your week gentlemen!
View attachment 2121299
View attachment 2121301
View attachment 2121303
View attachment 2121305
your jacket and shirt sleeve looks a little short

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It decided to be summer around here for a few days. Winter may (or may not) return on Thursday.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, another goal achieved. Finally got a picture standing next to a Sprinkles Cupcake ATM. This is the one in the Food Court at Century City (West Los Angeles).

IMG_6850.jpeg

Napps jacket, Brooks Brothers tie and PPBD shirt, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines trousers and belt, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Close up of the shoes.

IMG_6842.jpeg

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

acconrad

Reaction score
Uh maybe but I think it's a few other things:
1. The jacket appears to be too big.
2. The balance in the busy-ness is off. You have 3 patterns up top (shirt, tie, jacket) and no patterns on bottom (plain brown shoes, plain navy pants).
3. The blues don't harmonize (cold navy with some warm blue tones up top and the red).

So...

1. Get the jacket to fit better, maybe button up
2. Balance out the patterns top to bottom
3. Rather than match different blues, add in another color (like brown) and play with that than all blue everything.

LJ1891

Reaction score
Different hue temperatures between the blue in the shirt, the blue in the jacket, and the tie….the patterns clash with each other as well. Maybe the scale of the patterns create the clash. I’m not sure.

IMG_1777.jpeg

This guy is wearing 3 different patterns. But notice how the scale of the patterns harmonize and the different colors all have similar temperatures. Everything resolves.

Keep practicing 👍

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads