• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's another year - another chance to clean up the excesses of the previous year (at least insofar as excess avoirdupois is concerned) - a matter which today's ensemble has made abundantly clear to me (everything's a little tighter than I would like). Ah, well - the thing from which New Year's resolutions are made.

The weather is partly sunny and seasonably cold, allowing me the luxury of fulfilling my role as accidental boulevardier for the afternoon.

Attire is a mix of the old and the new. Today's pocket square and cufflinks are making their official debut, whereas today's shoes I've had for well over a decade, and haven't worn in a very long time. Dressing is the art of collage - let's see if I've been Joseph Cornell today.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Harvie & Hudson
Cufflinks - A gift shop in the Grand Canyon, with the intervention of the Persian Shop, NYC
Braces & pocket square - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Alden, via Brooks Brothers
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Barney's
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2243.JPG
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG

angoivy

Reaction score
Ahh the humble Brooks sack suit, amazing in every way. I've been after one for so long, but yet they are elusive in the UK (in the smaller sizes even rarer) !

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's another year - another chance to clean up the excesses of the previous year (at least insofar as excess avoirdupois is concerned) - a matter which today's ensemble has made abundantly clear to me (everything's a little tighter than I would like). Ah, well - the thing from which New Year's resolutions are made.

The weather is partly sunny and seasonably cold, allowing me the luxury of fulfilling my role as accidental boulevardier for the afternoon.

Attire is a mix of the old and the new. Today's pocket square and cufflinks are making their official debut, whereas today's shoes I've had for well over a decade, and haven't worn in a very long time. Dressing is the art of collage - let's see if I've been Joseph Cornell today.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Harvie & Hudson
Cufflinks - A gift shop in the Grand Canyon, with the intervention of the Persian Shop, NYC
Braces & pocket square - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Alden, via Brooks Brothers
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Barney's
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 2103889

Beautiful suit fabric.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh the humble Brooks sack suit, amazing in every way. I've been after one for so long, but yet they are elusive in the UK (in the smaller sizes even rarer) !

If you're referring to my posting of today, I can assure you that today's suit is not a Brooks Brothers sack suit, despite it having a 3-button/2 to button configuration. Sorry to get your hopes up, though I did describe the source of the suit in my posting. The cut of the suit is much slimmer than a classic BB sack suit would be, was made in Italy, the jacket is unlined, and, rather annoyingly, the trouser fly is button, not zipper.

angoivy

Reaction score
Ahh my mistake, I think in my haste I read the suit as brooks and not the shirt. A great suit all the same, button stance is immaculate
If you're referring to my posting of today, I can assure you that today's suit is not a Brooks Brothers sack suit, despite it having a 3-button/2 to button configuration. Sorry to get your hopes up, though I did describe the source of the suit in my posting. The cut of the suit is much slimmer than a classic BB sack suit would be, was made in Italy, the jacket is unlined, and, rather annoyingly, the trouser fly is button, not zipper.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Spanish Colonial Revival tiles and me in Santa Monica CA. The tiles are part of the remains of the Mayfair Theater.

IMG_6741.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Lands' End tie and trousers, generic pocket square, Tommy Hilfiger Fair Isle sweater vest, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Close up of the shoes.

IMG_6748.jpeg

Today did what Vegans call killing two stones with one bird. Celebrated both National Hot Tea Month and Twelfth Night in the Tea Room at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA.

IMG_6745.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads