• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My, that is quite a funk fest you have there. Put it together on a dare? That outfit is nothing like Acute Style would wear, nothing at all, why did you think that? But then you don't want to copy others you want your own style and someday it may drift your way until then maybe consider easing up on poking around in your closet with the lights off and just grabbing at stuff.
Wow! You're a complete idiot, aren't you? You should delete your account and meditate on not being a flaming a*hole.

Last edited:

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Wow! You're a complete idiot, aren't you? You should delete your account and meditate on not being a flaming a*hole.
Whoa, didn't quite expect that reaction.

However, your reasonable reply has made me change my mind regarding your attire. I now think it's the tops and hope you will give me a second chance at continuing my thirteen years here for I would hate to be without a forum, living on the street and critiquing only the clothes of unknown passers by.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather jump off a bridge than be caught taking fit pics in public...
You forget about this time?
fullsizeoutput_2387.jpeg

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa, didn't quite expect that reaction.

However, your reasonable reply has made me change my mind regarding your attire. I now think it's the tops and hope you will give me a second chance at continuing my thirteen years here for I would hate to be without a forum, living on the street and critiquing only the clothes of unknown passers by.
The fact that you've been here for thirteen years acting like a sniveling, petulant brat is a credit to the tolerance of the members of this platform.

There are many here who have offered constructive criticism. I've learned a great deal from them on this journey and they have helped me develop and grow my style.

I personally don't care what a blathering idiot like you does or does not do.

Buh-bye.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so you took one babystep. Instead of the usual tie knot, shirt collar, top lapel and bottom of chin, you have now zoomed out to include 1 roll-button hole!

Next step -- whole chin, and maybe shoulders of suit jacket also? At this rate we'll be at full-body shot by next Christmas.

You are my brother from another mother. To my family, Drake's, Charvet and Zilli mean nothing! If asked, they'd guess 7-fold is some sort of yoga move.
We belong in the 20th century, when people got silk ties for Christmas.
This year I got a sarong and a shaving brush. Not sure about the sarong, but my family trying to tell me something with the brush.
You might as well request a dick pic lol. You're as liable to get that as what you're asking for :fonz:

MarcusLavaggi

Reaction score
Taken yesterday, but it's what I'm wearing as I type.

Already introduced myself in the introductions thread :).

Many apologies if I've posted in the wrong thread, it's my first time here :).

Attachments

• PXL_20231226_123257619.jpg
    PXL_20231226_123257619.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My, that is quite a funk fest you have there. Put it together on a dare? That outfit is nothing like Acute Style would wear, nothing at all, why did you think that? But then you don't want to copy others you want your own style and someday it may drift your way until then maybe consider easing up on poking around in your closet with the lights off and just grabbing at stuff.
My, that is quite a critique you have there. Put it together on a need to feel superior? You know, you've been around here long enough to be a sock puppet.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taken yesterday, but it's what I'm wearing as I type.

Already introduced myself in the introductions thread :).

Many apologies if I've posted in the wrong thread, it's my first time here :).
Give the below thread a try. It leans more casual, whereas this is something approximating a stab at more "formal" attire...

acconrad

Reaction score
View attachment 2098479

Running around with the kids I simply had no time to take a good photo for everyone here, was hoping to get a nice critique of the fit, particularly the pants came out nice with the suspenders. Either way:

- Attolini sport coat
- Brooks Brothers vest (perhaps too high cut? more of a cardigan style would be better?)
- Drakes white OCBD
- E Marinella maccelsfield green tie
- Bills blackwatch tartan wool pants
- Bresciani navy/red OTC socks
- Alden LHS cordovan loafers
Would someone be willing to give a critique (if any) on this look? I was basing it off of this outfit I saw
Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 20.22.07.png

Basically the same except:
* No belt cause suspenders and vest
* Regular sport coat instead of overcoat cause inside
* Green tie cause happy holidays
* OCBD instead of dress shirt because it's a more casual look for a more casual event

If I had to nitpick or what feels off about my look is (and maybe it really is just a bad photo with bad lighting and angles):

* I might need much fuller, much wider leg pants. If you can see (yes I know the picture is not well lit) the pants compared to the SC it looks very top-heavy. I'm a 56/46 jacket and a 33 waist which is a pretty severe drop. I tried wearing 36 pants to accommodate the thighs and suspenders on a Bill's Khakis wool pant, and Bill's are generally known for generous room. Still, maybe it's the photo angle but it looks very top-heavy still. Even with an unstructured italian SC it still looks... off?
* Maybe the OCBD was the wrong move. The collar is unlined and looks a bit too casual under that SC. Also the collar height is kind of low, especially when worn with a tie, and it looks like the SC is eating the shirt, plus I have a really long neck which isn't helping with this shirt. I think this shirt shows me I need to keep it for casual occasions only even if I'm going for an ivy look. And I need shirts with much taller collars (any suggestions)?
* Is this sleeveless cardigan cut weird? It looks like the button stance is too high and should be a few inches lower...

Reaction score
Christmas Day mass (I almost sound devout lol), so figured to use some color...think the tie is about old enough for first communion...
View attachment 2099267

Little brother, I know it's only been a day, but there has been no progress. Not good!

No one is asking you to post anything obscene.

There are many full-body posts here. Just scroll up to see the fantastic pics from that gentleman from Southern Germany, all dashing in his grey chalkstripes! Or the pics of the gent in the cardigan and coat.

But what of your shoes? What about your pants? And belt? Or was it braces?

You must have looked quite the litte cherub at Christmas Mass -- all suited up with that candy-cane pocket handkerchief -- your sweet voice rising on high...
"Hark the Herald, Angels Sing!
Glory to the New-born King!"

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads