• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camillo

Reaction score
Blur-19112023-01.JPG

DougDevious

Reaction score
Finally got my suit from the tailor! I really like the cut of the suits Niles Crane wore on Fraiser, and I was lucky enough to find a suit on eBay that in every way but the waist fit me like a charm, even the sleeves, which I usually need shortened.
Of course, I'm also wearing my much-loved grey suede winklepickers.

20231120_120531.jpg 20231120_115835.jpg
Everything else in this fit was picked to drive home the 90s vibe, with the undebatably 90s painterly tie, the motif-printed suspenders (not dissimilar to what Niles often wore) and the grey shirt working with the tie and suit to create a muted tonal look, which was a pretty 90s thing as well AFAIK, albiet still colorful.

Bonus pic of me in an emerald green plush bathrobe I thrifted, it's giving "The Big Lebowski" energy, which tracks since I'm job hunting at the moment and just sorta chilling at home most days, doing chores, running errands, walking around my local shops and park wearing this (drinking fruit punch straight from the carton all the while).
thedoug.jpg
(Whoof. Bad Hair Day in this pic. I should get a haircut sometime this week.)

I've got a lot of suits and other such stuff on hold in some storage garage waiting to be bulk-shipped, so sometime soon I'll have those delivered and after the necessary tailoring I'll have a much bigger and more frequent rotation of fits to post here.
also, I made some videos for TikTok, which surprisingly has a fairly large vintage menswear scene so hopes are I can thrive making fun videos and wearing cool outfits over there.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my suit from the tailor! I really like the cut of the suits Niles Crane wore on Fraiser, and I was lucky enough to find a suit on eBay that in every way but the waist fit me like a charm, even the sleeves, which I usually need shortened.

View attachment 2073339 View attachment 2073341
Everything else in this fit was picked to drive home the 90s vibe, with the undebatably 90s painterly tie, the motif-printed suspenders (not dissimilar to what Niles often wore) and the grey shirt working with the tie and suit to create a muted tonal look, which was a pretty 90s thing as well AFAIK, albiet still colorful.

Bonus pic of me in an emerald green plush bathrobe I thrifted, it's giving "The Big Lebowski" energy, which tracks since I'm job hunting at the moment and just sorta chilling at home most days, doing chores, running errands, walking around my local shops and park wearing this (drinking fruit punch straight from the carton all the while).
View attachment 2073347

I've got a lot of suits and other such stuff on hold in some storage garage waiting to be bulk-shipped, so sometime soon I'll have those delivered and after the necessary tailoring I'll have a much bigger and more frequent rotation of fits to post here.
also, I made some videos for TikTok, which surprisingly has a fairly large vintage menswear scene so hopes are I can thrive making fun videos and wearing cool outfits over there.

Not my style, but this is undeniably a great improvement over what you showed in the past. Consistent and cohesive outfit.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Go vote !

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2073347

Dare I ask what is emanating that green light through the doorway in the background of the final photo...?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2073347

I really like this suit and look. Definitely an 80s/90s vibe. Looking a bit like Niles Crane from Frasier.

DougDevious

Reaction score
Dare I ask what is emanating that green light through the doorway in the background of the final photo...?
the corrugated fiberglass roofing in the patio area out back is tinted green. It shines directly into the bathroom too, making it pretty eerie
I really like this suit and look. Definitely an 80s/90s vibe. Looking a bit like Niles Crane from Frasier.
Thanks! And yeah, Niles Crane was an inspiration, I already said as much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads