• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has finally cooled down enough to allow one to wear flannel without regret. Today's suit received the call, and in a fit of pique, I decided to try a triple striped ensemble - suit, shirt, and tie. How well I mastered this feat, I leave to the discretion of the viewer (assuming that the viewer has any).

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Thomas Pink
Tie & braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Crockett & Jones for Paul Stuart
Hat - Laird Hatters, London

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG

eightace

Reaction score
Hi gents,

You were very helpful last time I asked for info, so I thought I'd try again.

Budapest this time - if anyone has any menswear recommendations (apart from Vass) in this incredible city, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Eightace

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton,linen SC combined with seersucker shirt and linen pants.

View attachment 2054355

It's an unusual though quite pleasant composition of colours and textures. Sadly the fit of the trousers somehow spoils the look. You have to hem them shorter, eventually adding cuffs. And a good press would certainly be advantageous as well.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elegant get-up. You solved the stripe challenge.
No mistaking the British shoulder on the suit.
Is it RTW?

Спасибо, товарищ
Spasibo, tovarishch. The suit is RTW, an acquisition of a couple of years ago, from the New & Lingwood's shop in New York.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang - It’s been a minute while I’ve been on a leave hanging out with our little one but had a meeting pop up I couldn’t get out of. Looking at the extended forecast today may be the last day I can get away with linen and lighter wools so I took the opportunity to pull this one last time this season.
View attachment 2054047 View attachment 2054049
Those quarters look weirdly cut, no? Great outfit otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads