• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice combos there Eli and I really like that red windowpane jacket. I admire your embracing brimmed hats, it can be a bold move, but all your pics here seem to have them sitting absurdly high in your head. I think there’s a rule of thumb that the brims should just skim above the top of your ears. As like me you also have a ‘long’ head, wearing your lid so high just serves to elongate. I dunno if it’s possible to wear them lower or if the inner circumference is too small. I seem to remember you saying you’d inherited a hat from your grandfather and if this is the case with the others maybe he wasn’t as well endowed as you up top? Nip into JJs on the west side of fifth avenue at 32nd street and see if they agree or not I’ve always had excellent advice from the fellas in there.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need work in several areas (tie, sleeves, and collar) but wanted to relish this truly fall combination on a very fall looking day. I forgot to take a shot of the burgundy wingtips. Just one of those days.
IMG_1787.jpeg
IMG_1786.jpeg
IMG_1784.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has turned cool and sunny - ideal weather for suit-wearing. As it is, we're having a museum outing/brunch with a fellow suit fancier this morning/afternoon, so the weather is being remarkably cooperative in this matter.

What was less cooperative was a minor wardrobe malfunction. One will notice that the suit shown with the accessories laid out across it is not the suit which I am wearing, due to the spontaneous popping of one of the brace buttons on the suit trousers of the original suit selected for today. However, as my suit collection has some depth (much to the detriment of closet space in our apartment, and my net worth), I was able to pivot, and select another suit which went well enough with the chosen accessories that I didn't have to rethink my attire for today. Disaster averted.

Note also that it is cool enough to warrant the wearing of a hat - first of the season.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Victoria & Albert Museum
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Hat - Laird Hatters, London

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need work in several areas (tie, sleeves, and collar) but wanted to relish this truly fall combination on a very fall looking day. I forgot to take a shot of the burgundy wingtips. Just one of those days. View attachment 2042315 View attachment 2042317 View attachment 2042319

Sorry for the late reply. Also for me this is one of your best outfits by far: lovely jacket and pleasant colour composition. As negative remarks, the shirt collar looks too small and the trousers either are too long or need a good press. The sleeves look good to me, although they could be a bit shorter.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked from my place to The Crow at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica CA to see a friend in a staged reading of "Our Town" by Thornton Wilder.

Enroute passed what looked like a good place to stop and take a picture, so I did.

IMG_6044.jpeg

Brooks Brothers jacket, shirt, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Leather Man belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Something for theater fans.

Scanned Image.jpeg

The lady who created The Crow venue speaking before the show began.

IMG_6052.jpeg

One of the producers speaking before the show began. He was also the one who handed out the pay packets to the players after the show was over.

IMG_6053.jpeg

A moment in Act Two.

IMG_6061.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads