• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit looks great. I imagine it's not easy finding well fitting garments at your height even custom. One nitpick. Despite the great fit of the jacket, the button placement feels off to me. I think the lower buttons would look better with more space between them and the top buttons should be a bit higher.
I agree..its what I wanted.. but it came out slightly different and it was my first (and only commission with them), so I just went with it.. I think the buttoning stance is also thrown off due to my 30 lbs weight loss and having it retailored.. Im not super happy with it as the armholes are slightly larger now and some other minor things, but its a suit I will probably wear once a year (if that).. so oh well

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the old four pattern bingo which I so love to play.

Desperately need to get some new suits as I’m getting very bored with the three I brought to Australia but I’m holding out for the weather to get warmer as I’d like to still knock about in tailoring when the weather gets warm and sticky… any suggestions for colours or fabrics my wardrobe is missing are welcome. I’d like a lightweight brown suit definitely.

View attachment 2005165 View attachment 2005167
are your suits Berg & Berg, by chance? Regardless, I'd suggest seeing about making your pents slightly more voluminous, if the allowances permit.

Nelton

Reaction score
are your suits Berg & Berg, by chance? Regardless, I'd suggest seeing about making your pents slightly more voluminous, if the allowances permit.
Hey Eric, this suit and the navy one are both Napoli’s from SuitSupply. They are both pretty old having had them for 6-8 years so the grey trousers are definitely on their last legs now so probably won’t bother getting them tailored as I reckon they’ve got a few months left before they need to be retired. The puppytooth suit I posted yesterday is one from Vietnam that is probably a bit more generous in the trouser department!

I wish I had the money for Berg & Berg but even at 50% off I just can’t justify the price of their suits, especially now I’m in Australia. I have a bit of challenge with OTR suits as I’m a 31 waist and 36 chest (which then needs to be let out a bit) but as I’m now discovering this means most of my suit jackets are a little on the short side. Alternately I could get a 38 from SuitSupply but I suspect I will then need to spend a fortune in tailoring which seems very expensive these days and hard to get a decent tailor.

I’m also keen to explore some higher waisted trousers but again finding genuinely affordable examples is a real challenge! I am planning another trip to Vietnam in the near future so will get some more suits made then and my other half is going back to the UK in a few months so will get her to bring a few of my suits back out with her.

If anyone knows any decent well priced tailoring options in Oz, I’m all ears as getting stuff shipped in looks chaotically expensive…

Bogdan DSA

Reaction score
Marling & Evans Sport Coat and Angelico Hopsack Pants, both from Spier & Mackay.

COS_7683.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit looks great. I imagine it's not easy finding well fitting garments at your height even custom. One nitpick. Despite the great fit of the jacket, the button placement feels off to me. I think the lower buttons would look better with more space between them and the top buttons should be a bit higher.
Agree with this. Almost looks like it needs another lower row of buttons!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the old four pattern bingo which I so love to play.

Desperately need to get some new suits as I’m getting very bored with the three I brought to Australia but I’m holding out for the weather to get warmer as I’d like to still knock about in tailoring when the weather gets warm and sticky… any suggestions for colours or fabrics my wardrobe is missing are welcome. I’d like a lightweight brown suit definitely.

View attachment 2005165 View attachment 2005167
Tuck your buckle straps in, it’s not 2010! 😁

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads