• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pants!
DF931533-92B4-4839-B3B8-A4DC3B8E066F.jpeg
44D46A1A-8188-4E3A-A8B4-579282E826D4.jpeg

Leiito

Reaction score
that's a cheap suit? It looks exquisite, even the extra long peak lapels work.

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to wear it?

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's a cheap suit? It looks exquisite, even the extra long peak lapels work.

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to wear it?
Most likely keys. Now the wife is asking me to take down the pics but I will keep the advertisement on; we never know what the future may bring (if I stop posting, you know what happened, please call the police).

As for it being a cheap suit: I am not part of the Illuminati, for whom only Italian or Italian-trained tailors can create suitable garments. I make do with shitspoke from third-world countries, something that is frowned upon in these parts.

Leiito

Reaction score
Most likely keys. Now the wife is asking me to take down the pics but I will keep the advertisement on; we never know what the future may bring (if I stop posting, you know what happened, please call the police).

As for it being a cheap suit: I am not part of the Illuminati, for whom only Italian or Italian-trained tailors can create suitable garments. I make do with shitspoke from third-world countries, something that is frowned upon in these parts.
The world is changing, there used to be a stigma about Chinese shoes too and look at them now. No reason for there not to exist talented tailors in the third world and if they use quality materials and have a proven track record and you're an early adopter, why not? How much was the suit, what fabric is it?

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The world is changing, there used to be a stigma about Chinese shoes too and look at them now. No reason for there not to exist talented tailors in the third world and if they use quality materials and have a proven track record and you're an early adopter, why not? How much was the suit, what fabric is it?
I was being facetious. I am genuinely happy with the work of my tailor. It cost me U$1,000. The fabric is Fresco Lite, which drapes really well for such a lightweight fabric.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK folks help me out here. Leaving soon for two weeks in Greece and two weeks in Sicily.

I'm going to take one blue blazer, either SB or DB and either the brown linen pictured or the wheat pictured, which is a wool, cotton, linen blend and definitely lighter in weight than the all linen.

Any advice, critiques etc are welcomed.

TIA

fullsizeoutput_1d59.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1d5d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1d57.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1d5e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1d69.jpeg
20230417_140341.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK folks help me out here. Leaving soon for two weeks in Greece and two weeks in Sicily.

I'm going to take one blue blazer, either SB or DB and either the brown linen pictured or the wheat pictured, which is a wool, cotton, linen blend and definitely lighter in weight than the all linen.

TIA

View attachment 1941367 View attachment 1941369 View attachment 1941371 View attachment 1941373 View attachment 1941375 View attachment 1941377

My personal $.02 worth of advice is to pack the wheat-colored jacket, for two reasons - first, as a wool/silk/linen blend, it will probably pack better and retain its shape better than all linen, and secondly, the Mediterranean should be heating up just as you're arriving, which means the lighter weight the jacket, the better.

Bon voyage in any case.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has cooled from last week's 32C/90F highs, happily for the locals, and I find myself with a museum preview to attend this evening at the Whitney. Now, why I am bothering to put on a tie to attend a opening at the Whitney is more a monument to my own stubborn standards of attire than the general mode of attendees at the Whitney - the vibe is much more relaxed than at other NYC museums, to be sure.

In any case, this evening provides the excuse, however flimsy, to dig out one of my more favorite spring/summer suits from the archives and give it an airing. As the suit fabric has a relatively strong pattern, I've opted for the plainest of shirts and neckties to counterbalance the look, with a shot of whimsy in the selection of braces.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Jos A Bank
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Braces - Albert Thurston
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG
IMG_1229.JPG

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TIA

View attachment 1941367 View attachment 1941369 View attachment 1941371 View attachment 1941373 View attachment 1941375 View attachment 1941377

My personal $.02 worth of advice is to pack the wheat-colored jacket, for two reasons - first, as a wool/silk/linen blend, it will probably pack better and retain its shape better than all linen, and secondly, the Mediterranean should be heating up just as you're arriving, which means the lighter weight the jacket, the better.

Bon voyage in any case.

Came to say the same as @upr_crust , and to add, I would opt for the SB navy sportcoat for similar reasons (climate at destination)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikesusan12