• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I purchased it from Macy's men's/suit department. Found it on the clearance rack...around $160. Bar III is a Macy's Exclusive label, I'm thinking much along the lines of Nordstrom's TopShop.
This can't be true! I didn't know you could look good while shopping at Macys'!

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This can't be true! I didn't know you could look good while shopping at Macys'!

:rotflmao: I don't think it's a common occurrence.
I'll also add that I'm positive that this was a freak of Macy's and will probably never happen again!

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today
No shoe shot because errybody gonna get up in my bidness about how they need a shine (which they got once I got to work). But they're wholecuts.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today

No shoe shot because errybody gonna get up in my bidness about how they need a shine (which they got once I got to work). But they're wholecuts.

Awesome suit, great tie, not sure about the PS, but are those derbies on your feet?

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome suit, great tie, not sure about the PS, but are those derbies on your feet?

Nope. Wholecuts.

If it helps, the square has purple in it, it's just not showing in the fold.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coxsackie - that's very simply the best fit from you that I've seen. That suit is fabulous.

@Gerry Nelson - are you tinting the colours of your pictures a fair bit towards the blue end of the spectrum? It seems a little overdone occasionally and I'd prefer to see the 'natural' colours...

Anyway, here's me today. Nothing complicated: blue-black herringbone odd jacket (with those 60s style lapels which some of you love to hate!), vintage 1960s BB repp tie and vintage silk PS, CT shirt, lovely Paul Stuart Phineas Cole mid-grey flannel pants (you can't really see how lovely they are from the second picture, which is largely for fit purposes).

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Wholecuts.

If it helps, the square has purple in it, it's just not showing in the fold.

The way the light shines on the creasing made it look like derbies. Wholecuts are perfect for that fit.

I really like how you used that black tie there, and it makes your outfit a little austere, bordering on monochrome, which is awesome. The purple in your suit and tie liven it up a little, but then your PS just comes out of nowhere. It doesn't work with the overall look you're going for, as my eye immediately goes towards it. It's too bold and bright. A simple white linen hanky would have been perfect, or if you must a very sober silk square.

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Coxsackie
- that's very simply the best fit from you that I've seen. That suit is fabulous.

@Gerry Nelson
- are you tinting the colours of your pictures a fair bit towards the blue end of the spectrum? It seems a little overdone occasionally and I'd prefer to see the 'natural' colours...

No, that photo was taken at the end of the day with dwindling light. If anything, I had to increase the exposure in post-processing.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry for the lousy cell phone photo, but it was cool enough to wear cashmere, so out came the double breasted Hickey Freeman. :)

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the thumbs and compliments. Like many of the posters here, I occasionally manage to put something good together, but not all the time. I certainly have enough quality pieces now - that suit (Canali) is one of them. I've posted it a couple of times previously and it usually gets plenty of thumbs.

Just have to try for more consistency now. My overall style is a bit on the dandy side for SF and I don't plan to change that, but it's nice to be able to tone things down from time to time and do it well. The feedback I get here has helped me immensely toward that goal.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I purchased it from Macy's men's/suit department. Found it on the clearance rack...around $160. Bar III is a Macy's Exclusive label, I'm thinking much along the lines of Nordstrom's TopShop.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Nice to see they have some decent pieces. I might go give it a look soon, especially with the cool weather here!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FlyingMonkey , even though most of the parts in the first photo below are blue and the angle of the shot is different, it doesn't look as blue-y to me as the jacket shot from yesterday. These were taken this morning before I headed out for work. I might need to tone down the blue for those evening shots.

Raw silk for spring:

Last edited:

paisley

Reaction score
For sure u can. I am surpised to hear that. The suit is not altered yet, is at least aprox. 15 cm too wide in the waist. Trousers are way too wide, but hey, it´s vintage, and I like this ol fashioned attitude of this piece. Fits not to me, but to the concept.
Well, as an old sport, you should now that I just don´t care how I look ;).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogersSpeers