• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I love what you do and how u do.....pure vintage .....very solid......not for me....but awesome... btw..your feet look quite wiiiiiiide?....actually those shoes look large for you

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@everybody, guys can i ask a honest question? Why is everybody ignoring me? This is like the fourth time i am posting something and getting fully ignored, i am not asking for compliments, you can call my outfit utter crap, or give constructive criticism, I'd appreciate that. But being so ignored is kind of strange and hurtful tbh. Am i doing something wrong an i am not aware of it?

I can only speak for myself and your last post is the only I remember seeing. When I first saw it I thought to myself, "that's a unique outfit, I wonder what the context is for wearing it." Without context, I have no frame of reference to offer criticism that I would find meaningful. I moved on without comment because I didn't particularly like it, I didn't particularly hate it, I just didn't really understand it. Since I now know you're looking for input, give us some context and I may be able to offer a meaningful response.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pics are after i got home, so excuse me for being a little wrinkled up...annnnd..... For the dirt on the mirror, too lazy to clean it up.

Jacket and pants: Suitsupply
Waistcoat: Santandrea
Tie: Sam Hober
Shoes: Carmina for Skoaktiebolaget

I'll play, though I'm about the last person with credibility to criticize someone's fit. In general I think this is a neat look and I suspect you looked better than 90+% of people you encountered that day. So none of this is 'you look bad,' and even if it was, a moderately-informed beginner's view is just that.

My biggest gripe is that everything is too tight. This is obviously personal preference to some degree. I think this would look better if everything above the waist was a size or two bigger and the legs of the pants weren't so skinny. As it stands I have a hard time imagining there aren't some serious issues when you actually move around like a living breathing yooman bean.

Additionally, I think there is some more general incoherence going on here. The saturated mid-blue jacket and tie and white TV fold square are very "city," they want white shirt and black shoes. The double-breasted odd vest is hard to get my head around, if it is the color I think it is (buff, more or less?) I'm not sure what I'd pair it with normally. I think @upr_crust has something similar that I've seen him wear beautifully in this thread but I don't recall the exact fits. But I think it is not the best with this mid-blue jacket. What color are the trou? They seem a brownish grey, which I think goes fine with the waistcoat but less well with the jacket, if going grey with that jacket I think you need dove. I don't love the shoes even on their own but they are especially off-kilter with the formality level of the jacket/tie/vest.

Worth what you paid for it and happy to be told I'm wrong.

Last edited:

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
with that jacket I woulda wanted more pop on the shirt and tie combo.....but man, you look good......nice outfit...all of it.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@IsteRed I respect your honesty and for speaking up. For better of worse, I think it takes some perseverance to get the feedback you are looking for. I also agree with Patrick that some context or dialogue is key. Maybe pose a question - are these braided loafers appropriate with the rest of the 'fit? The second part of the equation is tougher and one i am sympathetic to, and that is the ability to take quality photos. One shot mirror selfies that don't have a lot of detail can be tough. It looks like the angle distorts proportions on your photo. That potential distortion combined with a lack of detail and context may be enough to drive others from commenting..

I agree with the previous comment that all of it looks a bit tight. I'd also add a few other observations - the top block is bright and spring-like, the top is pretty dark and the two just seem totally incoherent. The sheen and color of the tie may bit a bit too much with the vest. If you want to get picky, the collar points are sticking out of the vest, general goal for a non-BD collar is for those points to hide under the vest/jacket. Shoes give too casual a vibe for me, but that might be politely saying, i don't like braided shoes, ever.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple different looks..All of them worn to various ceremonies..

SC: Cesare Attolini (100% Cashmere)

SHIRT: Barba Napoli

TIE: Hickey Freeman

PANTS: Samuelsohn

SOCKS: Panthrella

SHOES: Aldens

P.S: Battisti Napoli

LAPEL PIN: Nordstroms..

SUIT: Cesare Attolini

SHIRT: Hugo Boss

TIE: Luciano Barbera

SHOES: Allen Edmonds Sevens

P.S: Lanvin

JACKET: Brioni

SHIRT: Eton

TIE: Tom Ford

PANTS: Daks London

SHOES: Alfred Sargent

SOCKS: Panthrella

P.S: Etro

LAPEL PIN: Nordstroms..
a bit old perhaps........but just saw these outfits.......wonderful wonderful fits...wow....bespoke pants?....

and ever hear of Marshal Faulk????

wait one second........did I just read u r 6'9"..?.........your outfits are so well proportioned and fit so well, I woulda guessed 5 10!!!! kudos to you.........bravo

Last edited:

gavspen

Reaction score

Thanks. The suit was an eBay score. Polo Ralph Lauren, Made in Italy, pants are high rise, double inward pleats, side adjusters, 2 inch cuffs. Had dinner tonight at the Polo Bar. Had to represent.

That, is a lovely, lovely suit. By the way, how was the restaurant? Still a tough reservation?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33