• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very dull and wet Tuesday, so going for a little bit of color, courtesy of Shibumi.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was discussing that point with my MTM man at BB, and he said that Martin Greenfield probably still has the patterns for the old BBGF camel's hair polo coats, if you wanted to engage him in making them for you custom, and yes, the new ones are too short. As it was, I snatched mine on a December 26th sale several years ago - a decision I have never regretted.

Something to bear in mind.

I saw those old polos on sale, too, right after Christmas a few years ago. Alas, I failed to pull the trigger.

Haaviz

Reaction score
First post, so try not to rip me apart lads. Unfortunately this is the best I can provide in terms of quality in the photography department at the moment. I realize that it may seem like the jacket does not fit properly, but I mostly attribute it to the uncommon stance. Looks better when standing normally, however tips are appreciated.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Haaviz

Jacket length is too short (in my opinon)
Tie and shirt combo is not working. I can't tell what color that shirt is however. I would start with a white shirt and take it from there

Welcome, the guys will help you out further

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust @Academic2 Great overcoat action there gentlemen
nod[1].gif

biggrin.gif

Love it.

It occurs to me that those who are new here may or may not get the depth of Cleav's joke (nor the ambiguity of 'full Brit').

For them I highly recommend this excellent thread, initiated by Cleav's compatriot Holdfast and contributed to quite substantially by Cleav himself:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/383413/...read-for-all-the-spivs-and-chancers-out-there

Actually, I recommend it to everyone. It's a great thread.

Cheers,

Ac

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First post, so try not to rip me apart lads. Unfortunately this is the best I can provide in terms of quality in the photography department at the moment. I realize that it may seem like the jacket does not fit properly, but I mostly attribute it to the uncommon stance. Looks better when standing normally, however tips are appreciated.
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
My first tip, try some shoes :)

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dept. Chair (smiling): “Dr. Heldentenor, I just spoke to the Dean and I am delighted to inform you that he’s approved your raise.”

Dept. Chair (still smiling): “By the way, while you’re here, I should also tell you that we’ll be increasing your course load beginning next term.”

Cheers,

Ac
wink.gif

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Embrace the 4 in hand knot. That looks borderline NFL-analyst-y.

It's fascinating that sportscasters all over the world seem to favour wide tie knots, preferably a full windsor. Don't know why really, do they have conventions where they decide on these things?

Usually the results are terrible since these knots are combined with trendy shirts with small collars and slim jackets with narrow lapels. At best it makes your head look small, at worst it looks like your tie is about to eat your face.

Not that Haaviz first attempt was that bad, but I agree with others here: learn to love the four-in-hand (or maybe a half windsor if you have a tie with a light fabric). Dark shirts are always tricky, but it can work. But then you need more contrast. If you want a clean look with basic solid colours a white or light blue shirt is a safe start. Build from there.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, but are they different preps?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads